ZM Heinkel He 219 Uhu:5/26/17: BACK WITH A VENGEANCE

Guest Peterpools

Guest Peterpools

Carl

You're the Master and it's a great way to work through the drudgery portions of a build. I just don't know how you can keep track of 6 builds at one time .. I have a hard time with just two.

Peter

WOW my friend, just catching back up. Man, it sure looks purdy ! Keep on keeping on. My Corsair is just being touched for the first time in a couple of weeks so I know how you feel......Harv :popcorn:

I think expensive kits can be a bit of a let-down sometimes, because subconsciously perhaps the higher investment should result in higher enjoyment levels?

Anyhow, it looks bloody good. Take a break, get over to the WNW kit for a while, then go back for a bit.

There is no deadline, take your time. Stick it on the SoD for a year or two.

Guest Peterpools

Thanks Harv

I just always keep asking myself why manufacturers always keep trying to reinvent the wheel. I can only imagine what a wonderful kit the Owl could had been if ZM had followed a more traditional approach, leaving out all the panels and wing skinning.

Peter

Guest Peterpools

Thanks Mike

I'm moving forward and my goal is to finish. I'll do my best but I'm not going to beat myself into the ground either.

Peter

Guest Peterpools

Thanks Brother Bear

I've greatly slowed down and am more then splittig my time with the WNW's Roland kit. I'm regrouping the troops now on a much more regular basis

Peter

Guest Peterpools

Thanks Dean

How very true ... sometimes I keep asking myself if I'm Tamiya spoiled but for what the Owl cost, the enjoyment of of building the kit has been a huge let down

Completely agree, there is no rush just keep moving forward as patience and the mojo allows.

Peter

Guest Clunkmeister

Peter this is one amazing build, my friend.

Don't feel bad about the time it takes. My current build has been going for a year and it's nowhere near close.

I'm terrified of this kit now. I have one in the stash and with the fit issues you're having, it gives me pause.

I hope I'll see the Uhu in person one of these days.

Ernie

Edited by Clunkmeister

I think expensive kits can be a bit of a let-down sometimes, because subconsciously perhaps the higher investment should result in higher enjoyment levels?

Anyhow, it looks bloody good. Take a break, get over to the WNW kit for a while, then go back for a bit.

There is no deadline, take your time. Stick it on the SoD for a year or two.

Dean,

No one knows Pete better then I do, and if he sticks it on his SOD for a year or two, it's a gonner for sure. His Plan of Attack is using the Roland build as a break when needed, is actually working.

Joel

Guest Clunkmeister

Talk about two completely opposite skill sets! A Roland on one end, and a 219 on the other.

I bow to your adaptability, Peter.

Edited by Clunkmeister

Peter,  you know, if you really wanted a break, grab one of those Revell 1/24 kits, and put that together. Probably take you about 8 hours all in.  :)

Nice simple and no drama (just a lot of flash to deal with!).  How are you on assembling the people that come with the kit?  That will drive you a bit crazy.

Chris

Guest Peterpools

Ernie

Much appreciated and some day; I sure hope so.

The Felixstowe is a a much more detailed project requiring a good deal more skill and patience. The Owl on the other hand just needs to surrender to brute force!

Peter