Revell 1/32 Me262 A-1a (old tool)

Beany

H-218 Revell 'World's First Jet Fighter' Me262 A-1a "Swallow" (a new tool in 1971)

I've just finished a Blitzbau (24 hour build) over on the UAMF of the Revell 1/32 (1971 original tooling according to Scalemates) Me262 A-1a. Here are some photos of the finished model.

After market decals used as the kit was bought second hand for £10.00 without decals but otherwise complete and unstarted (at Cosford show this year).

Ready for the off...

l5wNs5j.jpg?1

Revell provide a tail prop so it will obviously be a tail-sitter, thus a wheel balancing weight and some liquid gravity are required.

wslkdUc.jpg?1

With the limited time, an impressionistic approach is all I can afford in the office...

GpUu9up.jpg?1

...but it actually looks reasonable from a distance

NQADvwN.jpg?1

Then it all started to go horribly wrong - I tried spraying Humbrol Acrylics (247 - RLM76)...

m1jRTmO.jpg?1

...a mistake I will never make again. I was 12 hours by now and at the point of binning the whole lot - I spent nearly an hour fannying about with that Humbrol rubbish. 

I took a break of a few hours and then came back to it, using Tamiya paints this time, mixed to approximate RLM 74, 75 & 76.

This was what I ended up with.

c4kH6dW.jpg?1

njc7QCf.jpg?3

tL8jtMl.jpg?1

g8b9rde.jpg?1

5ekGTDf.jpg?1

I heartily recommend a Blitzbau if you've never done one. Most people go for simpler 1/72 kits mind you.

I'll have to build one of the Revell new tool Me 262s now as a comparison!

Cheers

Al.

Edited by Beany