P-51 B Big Mac Junior

FlorinM

It appears it could be, Florin. Here is another picture of a "B" take from the other side. you can see the canopy drive chain is also on the right side as well.

Keep it up. This is one of my favorite threads.....copy and paste!

https://www.flickr.com/photos/rustyheaps/4936451667/in/photostream/lightbox/

Hope it helps.....

THOR    :ninja:

Florin,

I had followed  your build a few years back, but lost track of it. It's great to see that you're working on it once again.

Every year my wish list starts off with a 1/32 P-51B or C, and every year I'm shall we say, "left out in the cold". Maybe 2017 will be the year.

Joel

Eager to resume work on the Mustang, but it has to wait a little, I was commissioned to do a 1/48th Monogram B-29, aluminum foiled.

Florin,

Can you please post a work build of that. I'm sure it must be a major undertaking.

Joel

• 2 weeks later...

Mike West at Lone Star Models has a 1/32 P-51B/C resin cockpit that includes the chain drive for the Malcolm canopy. He used to have a lovely vacuformed Malcolm canopy with the metal fairing for the bottom, but it doesn't seem to be on his website anymore.

Richard

Thank you for the alternative provided. But most of the work is already done, will not scrap it. As soon as the 1/48th Superfortress is done will resume work on the Mustang. After all not much has remained to do in the cockpit - just the bubble canopy mechanism and the gun sight. Will then proceed to close the fuselage halves, do the panel lines and rivets on fuselage, dress it in aluminum foil, do the wings and the spinner. Should be done in a reasonable amount of time, at least in theory that is...

• 7 months later...

Actually, there is some progress, but I keep getting the "You are not allowed to use that image extension on this community." error while trying to post the pictures. The pictures are hosted by Google. Not particularly Internet savvy, so... I'm stuck.

Actually, there is some progress, but I keep getting the "You are not allowed to use that image extension on this community." error while trying to post the pictures. The pictures are hosted by Google. Not particularly Internet savvy, so... I'm stuck.

Unfortunately, Google's image hosting services are not particularly forum-friendly, and I'm not sure I know anyone who's managed to get it to work. Basically, the forum software wants an image link that ends with one of the standard image file extensions (".jpg", ".gif", etc); anything else is "not allowed", as it's not seen as a valid image - and usually isn't.

Kev

Many thanks, I think I finally figured it out!

Have managed to get some surgical rod and cut two sections, that will give strength to the cannibalized trumpeter main gear legs with the bonus of its natural color. The plastic forks require some work, as you can see.

TJMU2qz.jpg