P-51 B Big Mac Junior

FlorinM

The canopy actuation mechanism for the "Malcolm" hood is next. While having a general idea, I do require more information concerning it. Pictures, schematics, links to websites, anything, can anyone PLEASE help me?

• 2 weeks later...

Thank You for sharing this Florin! I just picked up my first 1/32 on Ebay, this kit wit some extras among them a D spinner and proper HS blades. I'm into building Racers in 1/72 and will continue to do so in large scale.

Your build really is mind blowing.

• 2 weeks later...

First of all, please forgive the lack of apparent lack of promptitude in my reply, but I have been away. Mustang Racers are good looking, saw a few that are spectacular, those smooth lines! And the base kit, the old Revell looks good once you've removed the over-scale rivet heads, with the corrections needed to be done that are in the capability range of any average modeller. Thank you for the kind words, so glad you like what has been done so far on Big Mac Junior, personally I don't think it's mind blowing, just some average model by the high standards set here.

I forgot to add,the fuel cell on the Mustang also had a plywood sheet at the front of it that was the same size as the cell. Additionally the sides of the fuel cell were protected by balsa wood pieces in between the fuselage ribs. These would not really be visible on your razerback but the front plywood might be?

J

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...