F4U-1A Corsair RNZAF- Finished and off the bench

BloorwestSiR

Carl

Awesome progress. Decals looks beautifully done. My vote, leave the paint/bays as they are ... looks good to me

Keep 'em comin

Peter

Thanks Peter! I'm leaving the gear bays as is. I'd have to pretty much tear them apart to repaint them.

No decals yet. Everything is just paint at the moment.

Lookin' real sharp Carl. Great inspiration to move further forward on my own Corsair. What a beautiful kit eh?

Cheers,

Wolf

Thanks Wolf! It really is a awesome kit. Got a couple more of them in the stash so I think I'll get better at them as I go along.

Not much progress lately. If anything, I've had a minor setback. I had a weird airbrush malfunction while painting ting an RC car body and my airbrush did an incredible spatter display. Got RC car paint all over my bench, jeans and yup, the Corsair. So I'll be doing some touch-up work before continuing. Hopefully it won't be too bad.

Carl

Here's a picture showing some of the metallic blue RC car paint.

DSC_0074-L.jpg

The only way to get it off was a touch of sandpaper.

DSC_0075-L.jpg

I guess some would say that it looks suitably weathered now, but I think would be a bit overdone so time for some touch up work. I started with the GSB and then masked off the roundel to do the rear tricolor section.

DSC_0076-L.jpg

Once the camo was done, I touched up the roundel until I was back to where I'd left off.

Now onto some actual progress.

Carl

Excellent recovery, Carl. I have to ask, why assemble the outer wings after painting?

Don

Thanks Don!

I did the wings that way for a couple of reasons. The first was I found it easier to mask the roundels and the second was so that I would not have the lowered flaps in the way.

Carl