• Please log in to reply
93 replies to this topic

#31 OldTroll

OldTroll

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 868 posts

Posted 14 May 2017 - 04:22 PM

Just to help the effort, I'll commit to two A-10 improvement sets.

• ChuckT likes this
Ron S.

#32 reconspit

reconspit

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,699 posts

Posted 14 May 2017 - 05:26 PM

I just got everything together, vacu canopy, A-10C set, decals from speedhunter graphics, their A-10a book also..., that forward fuselage would make my day..., I'd also order one right away...
  • johncrow and Harold like this
IMG_7620-Th.jpg
- Revell GAF Recce Tornado
- Trumpy A-10C conversion

#33 AnthonyWan

AnthonyWan

Hooked For Life

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 250 posts

Posted 15 May 2017 - 01:00 PM

mother-of-god-super-troopers.jpg

#34 petrov27

petrov27

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,401 posts

Posted 15 May 2017 - 01:17 PM

Sweet - definite interest here! Love the A-10 but that old Trumpeter kit sure could use some upgrades/help....

-Patrick

#35 Starfighter Jock

Starfighter Jock

LSP Junkie

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 103 posts

Posted 15 May 2017 - 01:20 PM

I am in, you have my commitment to order a couple of sets.  I would be surprised if we ever  see another A-10 released in 1/32 so the Trumpeter kit is what we have to work with.

KJ 

"I don't always build jets, but when I do I prefer 1/32 jets"

1/32 Tamiya F-16C block 32 - 1/32 Academy F/A-18C - 1/32 Tamiya F-15C

#36 Jackson

Jackson

LSP Junkie

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 15 May 2017 - 05:25 PM

I used Paul's Meteor T7 set and loved it! Would def like an updated A10 set.

Regards

Michael
  • Harold likes this

#37 otis252

otis252

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 994 posts

Posted 16 May 2017 - 01:04 AM

Ok, we all agree we want it and we'd buy it. My question is this, is anyone working on this correction set or going to be working on it? it's all conversation, but is there a chance of this being done? Anyone know?

Chuck

#38 Luca

Luca

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,017 posts

Posted 16 May 2017 - 11:58 AM

As soon as I can find a Detail & Scale w/scale plans and the two Trumpy fwd fuselage halves I will work on that nose... but I do not know how to make silicone rubber molds and resin casts.

Edited by Luca, 16 May 2017 - 11:59 AM.

• Harold and Zero77 like this

#39 Zero77

Zero77

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,645 posts

Posted 16 May 2017 - 02:07 PM

As soon as I can find a Detail & Scale w/scale plans and the two Trumpy fwd fuselage halves I will work on that nose... but I do not know how to make silicone rubber molds and resin casts.

That's definitely not the most difficult operation, especially for this kind of large part like a nose. You put your master in a box (with clay to hold it in the bottom of the box for example), you pour the rubber, let is cure. Then you remove the master, pour the resin and you have your resin part. As the part is lage and kinda conical, you should be able to pour the resin very slowly and no bubble would be trapped anywhere, even without any pressure device, and the demoulding would be pretty easy.

Edited by Zero77, 16 May 2017 - 02:10 PM.

• Luca and Harold like this

Following the big Photobucket rip-off attempt, all my pictures on the forum cannot display anymore. I try to reupload the RFI pictures, but i'm not sure i'd have enough time and energy to reupload the pictures of the WIP threads. If you're interested in a specific subject and want me to reupload some pictures, just let me know. :) 

Finished : F-16C Barak, F-4J VMF333, Czech Mig-19PM, Bell X-1, Russian Su-25 in Chechnya, Ta152H-1, Czech Avia S.199, Heinkel He162, Swiss AF Bf109G-6, Regia Aeronautica Bf109G-6, P-47D "Slick Chick", RFC Sopwith Pup, A5M2 Claude, Schneider Cup 1926 Macchi M.39, German F-104G JaboG34, Curtiss P-6E, Curtiss P-36A USAAC, Piper SuperCub floatplane (PA-18-150), Russian built Nieuport 11, Albatros D.Va Seefrontstaffel 1, Bf109G-12 (two-seater trainer), Texas ANG F-86D,  Post-war Hawker Tempest Mk.V

#40 Ryan

Ryan

Hooked For Life

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 354 posts

Posted 16 May 2017 - 02:19 PM

I'm sure I'm oversimplifying the process, but cant the 1/48th Monogram A-10 kit be assembled and then scanned for a 3d print (that the mold can be based on)?

Software could then be used to pull and stretch the rear contours of the Monogram kit to match the Trumpeter bird?

I'll go grab my magic wand.

• Luca likes this

#41 Luca

Luca

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,017 posts

Posted 16 May 2017 - 02:30 PM

Ryan, I think it would be possible, if someone has a 3d printer and a good 3d scanning software

• Ryan likes this

#42 Luca

Luca

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,017 posts

Posted 16 May 2017 - 02:35 PM

That's definitely not the most difficult operation, especially for this kind of large part like a nose. You put your master in a box (with clay to hold it in the bottom of the box for example), you pour the rubber, let is cure. Then you remove the master, pour the resin and you have your resin part. As the part is lage and kinda conical, you should be able to pour the resin very slowly and no bubble would be trapped anywhere, even without any pressure device, and the demoulding would be pretty easy.

thanks, never done it. Eventually I would urge another person to do the mold and the casting ... the only thing that you said was that the piece would come "full" inside, but it would not be a bad thing because it would be firmer and even self-balancing (for the weight of the model), without the use of lead balls

• Harold likes this

#43 Ryan

Ryan

Hooked For Life

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 354 posts

Posted 16 May 2017 - 02:35 PM

I guess another poor mans way would be to slice up a Monogram a-10 every 1/4-1/2" on a band saw, then trace the contours and enlarge to 32nd scale.

You could then eyeball and massage the contours to fit the sliced off Trumpeter fuselage.

• Luca likes this

#44 Ryan

Ryan

Hooked For Life

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 354 posts

Posted 16 May 2017 - 02:39 PM

OR send the Monogram fuse section to a 3D printing outfit to scan to software that could be manipulated to fit the Trump kit.

• Luca and Harold like this

#45 Pete Fleischmann

Pete Fleischmann

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 631 posts

Posted 16 May 2017 - 03:32 PM

I would just let Timmy! figure it out. It'll be perfect.

Cheers

Pete 

• D.B. Andrus and Martinnfb like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users