Hasegawa Fw 190S Conversion

LSP_Kevin

Thanks, Rick. I've just had a play around with mating the two assemblies together and manipulating the front of the fuselage into the correct position, and I think there's enough play there to make it work. I also think it would still be better to cut the fuselage back into halves at that point, so there's less global stress on the area, and mating the parts will be easier. Not sure if I'll try it at this stage, or wait until after I've finished dealing with the fuselage.

Kev

• 1 month later...

Kevin,

Outstanding project my old friend.I had forgotten about this thread and just re-found it tonight. Still first class work from the very beginning to present.

It's hard to believe that you've been at this one longer than my Vac Macchi project took me. Keep up the excellence my old friend.

Highest Regards,

Gregory Jouette

Radders and Greg: thanks fellas. I'll get back to this one when I can, but right now I'm tied up with book projects. And we're certainly overdue for a decent conversion set, which I'd snap up in a heartbeat! The UMI conversion is nearly impossible to find, and to be honest, not that great. Let's hope someone comes to our rescue soon! Perhaps they're just waiting for me to finish this one...

Kev

• 9 months later...
1 hour ago, mgbgtv8steve said:

Still watching this build Kevin so I'd be really happy if you got back to it and continued working your magic!!

Regards

Steve S. 

Thanks, Steve - just the kind of encouragement I need! And you never know, it might just work.

Kev