Thanks gents!

Here it is with the clamps and tape off. It's a very simple fuselage shape.

IMG_20160407_192043.jpg

One of the reason I wanted to get the fuselage together first was to see if the cockpit bulkhead would need any tweaking to fit.

IMG_20160407_192122.jpg

Thankfully, I just had to shave a bit off the resin pour stub to make it fit.

I think you can make out the small amount that needed shaving off to fit the bulkhead.

IMG_20160408_135141.jpg

With the bulkhead test fitted to the fuselage:

IMG_20160408_135127.jpg

While the fuselage was setting up, I assembled the main wings. After removing them from the sprue, I used tape as handles to make then easier to sand.

IMG_20160408_133913.jpg

A few quick passes and the mating surfaces were flat.

IMG_20160408_134413.jpg

This kit is going together faster than I thought it would. I think it's partly being a simpler kit and also the quality of the mouldings even though it's limited run.

Then again, I haven't done the cockpit yet so we'll see I guess.

Carl

Hi Carl,

Great work so far, and soooo fast too!

Just to help me understand, how are you cleaning up the seam on the nacelles? The reason I ask is that it looks like your method is going to be much faster but I cant quite get my head around it.

Hi Carl,

Great work so far, and soooo fast too!

Just to help me understand, how are you cleaning up the seam on the nacelles? The reason I ask is that it looks like your method is going to be much faster but I cant quite get my head around it.

Thanks Fooesboy! The resin inserts are fairly deep and will end up covering most of the inner seam. It's only near the openings that you need to fill and sand. I'm only planning to do the lip and not go too much further in. I'll try to get a pic up later. Once they're sanded smooth, I can then glue the inserts in from behind.

Carl

So as expected, I've run into some concerns with the nose landing gear. The support arm is made up of two parts, 65 and 68 as seen here in there instructions.

IMG_20160410_155648.jpg

They're a butt joint so I decided to drill them and add a pin for strength. Once I did that and test fitted the part, I realized it was too long. So I shortened it and reattached the two together.

IMG_20160410_105022.jpg

Compared to a stock part:

IMG_20160410_105100.jpg

When I checked the Kagero book, I noticed that the "A" shaped link was solid on one side. It's the upper bit resting on the tire in this image:

IMG_20160410_105247.jpg

So out with the sheet plastic and hopefully this works.

IMG_20160410_155933.jpg