Tanmodel of Turkey, 1/32 programme

Tony T

Rog, I'd take their Vark regardless. The option is a very unpalatable vacform of a very complex machine.

In any event, I'm rather cheered by this venture - even if we just get a 1/32 T-38.

Tony :)

Seconded Tony!

Iain

Guys ...

Please don't misunderstand the post ... there was no put down intended for a company sticking it's oar into the wonderful world of 1/32 ...

But judgement is reserved (either way) until I see "Pie in the sky" become "Steak on the plate" ... or to pull a quote from an old western "If you're going to shoot, shoot! Don't talk!"

Would I welcome an F.111 - Hell yeah! ... And I'm not into hair driers (at least post WWII ones anyway) ...

The problem with companies that promise a kit and then don't produce ... is not so much that they didn't. But that they scare other small companies away from investing time and coin in that particular aircraft, because they don't want to compete.

I think I can recall threads on here several times, mentioning "projects" that have been aborted by company 'B', reasoning that company 'A' "has" one in development - only for us all to find out that company 'A' was just blowing a load of hot air ... the result? No kit at all.

Being negative? No way ... I hope we all get those kits we are after (a 1/32 Do-17z for me please!) ... but I'll only put stock into stories from companies with a proven track record for delivering as promised within reasonable timeframes.

Peace out!

Rog :)

I'm afraid people have been saying " I'm gonna do that one...." ever since we started smacking chips off lumps of flint. After a while, you get to know who is going to deliver, and who is , um, not.  

Length of list tends to be inversely proportional to likelyhood of delivery of actual goods in my view, but it isn't infallible. 

Tim

Guys ...

Would I welcome an F.111 - Hell yeah! ... And I'm not into hair driers

Peace out!

Rog :)

Hair driers ?! An engine putting out ten-fifteen tons of thrust will do a little more than warm you up ! Jets Rog :)

I take your point but as far as I'm aware Tanmodel have delivered so far with their Hurkus, and a Buccaneer to follow.

The acid test is the 1/32 F-5s & T-38, as they did the CAD work in 1/48 before someone else came along and stole their thunder. Maybe *that's* why they're expressing their intent.

I wish them well.

Tony