lol

#18 DeanKB

DeanKB

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,734 posts

Posted 16 June 2016 - 09:27 PM

Perhaps you should list it for sale?

"First, shalt thou take out the Holy pin. Then, shalt thou count to three - no more, no less. Three shall be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shall be three. Four shall thou not count, neither count thou two, excepting that then thou shalt proceed to three. Five is right out. Once the number three, being the third number is reached, then lobbeth thou thy Holy hand grenade of Antioch towards thy foe who, being naughty in my sight, shall snuff it. Amen"

#19 AndersN

AndersN

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 961 posts

Posted 17 June 2016 - 03:22 AM

Yeah...perhaps I should list the rest of my resin kits as well...or get a gas mask, lol that would really make it a joyful time :)
  • Martinnfb likes this

#20 LSP_Kevin

LSP_Kevin

• Administrator
  • 38,123 posts

Posted 17 June 2016 - 03:58 AM

What a shame, Anders! I was really looking forward to watching you tackle this. Perhaps I should thrown mine into the ring as a substituted. :hmmm:

Kev

• Out2gtcha likes this

#21 AndersN

AndersN

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 961 posts

Posted 17 June 2016 - 04:59 AM

Yes you should Kevin :)

#22 BloorwestSiR

BloorwestSiR

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,281 posts

Posted 17 June 2016 - 05:10 AM

Sorry to hear that it's indeed the resin. Most perfumes (drives my wife nuts) irritate my sinuses but nothing like a nosebleed.

I'd hate to agree but it's not worth it with those kind of side effects.

Carl

#23 AndersN

AndersN

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 961 posts

Posted 17 June 2016 - 05:38 AM

Resins, two part epoxy glues, putty and rtv rubber give more or less the same symptoms, and if I keep on going my lungs go nuts... CA makes me sneeze for a few days after one session. Ordinary plastic glues like Tamiya thin is no problem. Back to basic.
  • Zero77 likes this

#24 LSP_Kevin

LSP_Kevin

• Administrator
  • 38,123 posts

Posted 17 June 2016 - 07:42 AM

Yes you should Kevin :)

Time is my main obstacle, but I'll see what I can do.

By the way, I can have the occasional allergic reaction to CA, too (sinuses), and Dr Dave put me onto a nasal spray called Flixonase. It works wonders! It's more preventative than cure, but once I feel the allergy symptoms start to kick in, I use it for a few days, and once they subside, I'm usually symptom-free for weeks. At one point it was getting so bad that I seriously considered giving up the hobby (especially when I wasn't certain of the exact cause), but now the issue is fully managed and rarely bothers. Worth a try!

Kev

• Out2gtcha and AndersN like this

#25 Out2gtcha

Out2gtcha

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,796 posts

Posted 17 June 2016 - 01:12 PM

Sad!  Sorry to hear that Anders.  :(  I am like Hubert, and would have no clue what I would do if I had that sensitivity. I have a significant portion of my stash in resin.

• AndersN likes this

#26 LSP_Ray

LSP_Ray

• LSP Moderator
  • 8,764 posts

Posted 22 June 2016 - 06:28 AM

Really sorry to hear about this, Anders! I wanted to see your build as I just put in an order for one.

Posted Image
Ray "Bad Omen" Peterson

#27 AndersN

AndersN

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 961 posts

Posted 23 June 2016 - 03:23 PM

You won't regret it Ray, it looks like a really great kit!

#28 Martinnfb

Martinnfb

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,158 posts

Posted 23 June 2016 - 04:05 PM

Anders If you want I can send you very decent  breathing mask with filters, I have few brand new ones in the garage. Please let me know.

Cheers

MArtin

In progress:   D-13 ; Ta-152V7 ; Mig-29 ; EMIL ; P-39 Аэрокобра ; Avia S-199 ; K-14 what if

Done:            F-8 F-8 Wurger Party ; D-9 ; D-15; Ta-152E ; P-40E 

#29 Zero77

Zero77

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,546 posts

Posted 23 June 2016 - 07:38 PM

Very bad news for you... Maybe you should talk about it with a doctor? Maybe there is a solution?

Following the big Photobucket rip-off attempt, all my pictures on the forum cannot display anymore. I try to reupload the RFI pictures, but i'm not sure i'd have enough time and energy to reupload the pictures of the WIP threads. If you're interested in a specific subject and want me to reupload some pictures, just let me know. :) 

Finished : F-16C Barak, F-4J VMF333, Czech Mig-19PM, Bell X-1, Russian Su-25 in Chechnya, Ta152H-1, Czech Avia S.199, Heinkel He162, Swiss AF Bf109G-6, Regia Aeronautica Bf109G-6, P-47D "Slick Chick", RFC Sopwith Pup, A5M2 Claude, Schneider Cup 1926 Macchi M.39, German F-104G JaboG34, Curtiss P-6E, Curtiss P-36A USAAC, Piper SuperCub floatplane (PA-18-150), Russian built Nieuport 11, Albatros D.Va Seefrontstaffel 1, Bf109G-12 (two-seater trainer), Texas ANG F-86D,  Post-war Hawker Tempest Mk.V

#30 AndersN

AndersN

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 961 posts

Posted 23 June 2016 - 09:39 PM

Well the workers at SAAB is educated with this that if you get allergic to Epoxy there's no cure. I don't know. Thank you Martin for the mask offer but I don't know if I want to sit down with a damn mask. Maybe I'll try it? The incompetent doctors here havn't even heard of the epoxy stuff SAAB is teaching new workers.....Same thing with the rashes I have on my upper body since three years, perhaps it's related?

Or just stay with injected polystyren kits :) the boring stuff, Bf 109G-6 and Spitfire Mk.II....

• Martinnfb likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users