BF2C-1 Conversion to F11C-2

williamj

• 2 weeks later...

Gorgeous build Bill! 

Bringing this to Phoenix?

Cheers,

Wolf

Thanks Wolf...Uh...no,wont be going to Phoenix..as much as I complain about the cold,it is so hot there in August, this Canuk would melt.  LOL.     

If the Nats ever make it to the NW...Portland,Seattle,or perhaps California....Then maybe.      PS...I know you were kidding. :coolio:

Cheers my friend.

Edited by williamj

Agreed! Really gorgeous build, Bill! I look forward to your thoughts on the Seahawk.

Did you make the carrier deck or is that a commercial offering?

(PS...while we're on the subject of USN biplanes, I am going through more of my dad's personal files and just came across a write up of witnessing a first accident....an SBU-3 coming in for a landing on board USS Yorktown in 1937. Apparently, something was wrong with the arrestor cable and the plane grabbed it, bit then slid sideways. It ended up going over the side...along with the head of one of the crewmen. Welcome to the Navy, son!) (Hey, wouldn't this make a keen diorama! Anyone make a 1/32 SBU???)

Cheers(?),

Michael

Agreed! Really gorgeous build, Bill! I look forward to your thoughts on the Seahawk.

Did you make the carrier deck or is that a commercial offering?

(PS...while we're on the subject of USN biplanes, I am going through more of my dad's personal files and just came across a write up of witnessing a first accident....an SBU-3 coming in for a landing on board USS Yorktown in 1937. Apparently, something was wrong with the arrestor cable and the plane grabbed it, bit then slid sideways. It ended up going over the side...along with the head of one of the crewmen. Welcome to the Navy, son!) (Hey, wouldn't this make a keen diorama! Anyone make a 1/32 SBU???)

Cheers(?),

Michael

Thanks a bunch Michael....Carrier deck is commercial.    Man that story sounds gruesome.  But We know in the 30,s everything was new and under development with Carriers ..lots of terrible accidents.

Cheers.

Edited by williamj

Thanks Wolf...Uh...no,wont be going to Phoenix..as much as I complain about the cold,it is so hot there in August, this Canuk would melt.  LOL.     

If the Nats ever make it to the NW...Portland,Seattle,or perhaps California....Then maybe.      PS...I know you were kidding. :coolio:

Cheers my friend.

Well....., yeah I was kidding 'cause I know you're uncomfortable sitting for long periods but it was also a little bit of wishful thinking. It would have been wonderful to meet up with you at such a great venue. Maybe Bonsor?

I was in Phoenix for the Nationals in 2010 and despite the heat it's actually bearable. Plus everything indoors is well air conditioned. Otherwise your plastic treasures would melt before you would, LOL!

Cheers,

Wolf

If the Nats ever make it to the NW...Portland,Seattle,or perhaps California....

Yeah , when are you guys comin' back down the

warmth and beauty of the great Northwest ?

Seattle had the Nats back in '92 , Portland probably

won't 'ever' have them but we had the Regionals here

in I think '91.

Be nice to meet up with you guys again. :)