• Please log in to reply
3842 replies to this topic

#3766 Vandy 1 VX 4

Vandy 1 VX 4

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,221 posts

Posted 17 May 2017 - 07:13 PM

I had an An-124 fly over my car up at Moffet Field. The noise was crazy, and it was powerful enough to almost move my car out of the lane I was in. Absolutely
massive airplane

Matt :frantic:

A month and a half ago it was flying around Vandenberg Air Force Base

Edited by Vandy 1 VX 4, 17 May 2017 - 07:14 PM.

• harvey and mpk like this

Candy is Dandy but Liquor is Quicker :beer4:

#3767 karimb

karimb

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,389 posts

Posted 17 May 2017 - 07:14 PM

I just received a note from my children that for Father's Day they got together and bought me a spot on the Vintage Wings of Canada "Mustang IV Ground School" on June 3. It's a full day session (9:00am to 4:30pm) limited to 20 people, and they teach you the technical systems (engine, electrical and hydraulic systems, flying controls, instrumentation), flying and handling characteristics, cockpit familiarization, aircraft history and history of the Mustang with the RCAF. Lunch and coffee breaks are included. If the weather is good there may be a flight demonstration for the group.

I am still picking myself up off the floor. This is a dream gift.

Richard

That is really a special gift Richard, made even more special by the kids bunching up together to make it happen!

Enjoy your gift, it's in less than a month!

Karim

• R Palimaka and mpk like this

OUT OF THE HANGAR:  WnW DFW C.V (RFI)  Academy F/A18-D (RFI)  WnW Albatros DVa (WIP/RFI) WnW Fokker DVII (RFI) WnW AMC DH.2 (RFI) Tamiya F4U-1 Arkansas Traveler (RFI) WnW Roland D.VIb (RFI)

WIP: WnW AEG G.IV (late)

#3768 mpk

mpk

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,343 posts

Posted 18 May 2017 - 10:59 AM

Hey Dale! Nice haul my friend. Did you see the turbo cavalier conversion for the tami p51? Very interesting aircraft. Thanks for sharing!

Karim

Hey Karim. I do hope all is well.

Check this out. True story.

I'll be puttering along, minding my own business when BANG!  The image of your Mig 3 springs to mind.

Fair dinkum mate. After I post here I'm going to go have another look.

Indeed, I thought about you and the other lot of talented smarty pantses here yesterday when upon laying down a black base coat I noticed some, niggles? I thought 2 things. 

1. Those will be the only things I see when I look at this model in 3 months.

2. What would those talented characters at LSP do? 

So I took the extra time, recalled all the advice on the issues I'd learned here, then used them. I have to thank you, Karim, and all the others.

Cheers. It's all very inspiring.

Yep, that Tamiya Mustang is a really nice kit, Dale. You should enjoy that one a lot.

Cheers mate. Yeah I'm looking at it and doing some planning. I keep reading the instructions. My Tony's progressing nicely now I can think straight again. When that's done I will quickly complete the little 1/48 Dinah and get it out of the way. Then I can begin a really good project. :)

Dale, now you have gone and made me want one..........: ;)

Mate it looks like a great kit. I also have the Zouki Moura. They both look superb. I bought the Tamiya because I think my skills are not quite up to what the ZM requires. The Tamiya appears simpler to me, looking at the parts through ags and reading the instructions. Plus I have a great modeling mate who reckons the Tamiya kits are the bees knees.

He highly recommends the Corsair as well. In fact more highly than the P-51.

I just received a note from my children that for Father's Day they got together and bought me a spot on the Vintage Wings of Canada "Mustang IV Ground School" on June 3. It's a full day session (9:00am to 4:30pm) limited to 20 people, and they teach you the technical systems (engine, electrical and hydraulic systems, flying controls, instrumentation), flying and handling characteristics, cockpit familiarization, aircraft history and history of the Mustang with the RCAF. Lunch and coffee breaks are included. If the weather is good there may be a flight demonstration for the group.

I am still picking myself up off the floor. This is a dream gift.

Richard

Hi Richard.

Mate, that's awesome! First thing that sprang to mind is that you must've been a good dad. :)

Enjoy.

A month and a half ago it was flying around Vandenberg Air Force Base

We don't see that sort of thing around here. :(

So, I was lucky enough to sell an old drum of mine I no longer needed. You guessed it, I put some of the funds toward modeling. :)

I got tools like brushes and oil paints etc. I bought a three tier acrylic display cabinet plus various things, some shown here. I surprised myself buying 3 1/48 kits. One of which is yet to arrive. My reasons are pretty good. My hands need to work with small parts. I reckon a fighter is 4 days maximum. Something like a 1/48 Hasegawa 109 could be thrown together in 2. After working with 1/32 over the past year I think I'm a bit spoilt now.  (I'm astounded by the amazing range now available in that scale.)

20170518_124852_zpsskatso3r.jpg

20170518_124941_zpspcjyvxgj.jpg

One of the tools I bought was this. I plan to rid painted builds I am unhappy with and repaint them. 

20170518_130143_zpsmmwseqvv.jpg

On another note, my vacuum cleaner died last Sunday. So I went to Ebay and bought a brand new one for $69.95 delivered, and it arrived today!!! :D Same story with my cabinet. I am looking forward to it's arrival tomorrow. :)

• R Palimaka, Martinnfb, harvey and 2 others like this

Modelling is good for hand eye coordination and helps to keep one sane in an insane world.

#3769 Joe66

Joe66

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 800 posts

Posted 18 May 2017 - 02:17 PM

Happy me !

I just scored a Williams Bros. 1/8 scale 80hp Le Rhone 9C rotary engine kit for $18 !!

IMG_0409_zps4wlfq7t0.jpg

I think I see a 1/8 scale scratch build in my future..... hmmmmm..... :).

Joe

Edited by Joe66, 18 May 2017 - 02:17 PM.

• Lee White, Martinnfb, harvey and 3 others like this
"The quality remains, long after the price is forgotten"
- Sir Walter Raleigh

#3770 AdamR

AdamR

Hooked For Life

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 310 posts

Posted 18 May 2017 - 03:09 PM

IMG_0613.jpg

This stuff is awesome. Shipping took a month.
  • Martinnfb, harvey and mpk like this
"gut feeling"
Gastro-interologists agree the human gut contains no rational thoughts. What it is full of is pretty well known.

#3771 mpk

mpk

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,343 posts

Posted 19 May 2017 - 04:52 AM

IMG_0613.jpg

This stuff is awesome. Shipping took a month.

What do you use this for? I've never seen it before.

My bakery display arrived! :D

I should be able to fit a few 1/32's in there. :)

20170519_142905_zpskfqwlggt.jpg

I also set up my two new paint paint racks. I now have three for Gunze/Tamiya bottles. I have been able to now split up my colours. This new one has IJA/IJN colours plus some clears.

I discovered I have a few bottles of the same colours. One benefit of having them all displayed.

20170519_143022_zps5u8qe04y.jpg

20170519_142934_zpspem6hubx.jpg

• Rick Griewski, harvey, dutik and 4 others like this

Modelling is good for hand eye coordination and helps to keep one sane in an insane world.

#3772 ade rowlands

ade rowlands

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 767 posts

Posted 19 May 2017 - 08:00 AM

Dale, use it like any putty for smaller/thin gaps. Being more of a thick liquid (you can thin it with their levelling thinner) you can control where it goes quite easily, but like Mr Surfacer of various grades it does shrink so slop a little extra on. The beauty is you can then once its dry remove the excess with a cotton bud damped with their thinners. Shouldnt require any sanding. 

• Rick Griewski, harvey, mpk and 2 others like this

#3773 mpk

mpk

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,343 posts

Posted 19 May 2017 - 08:19 AM

Thanks Ade!

Cheers mate. Dale

• harvey likes this

#3774 dutik

dutik

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,588 posts

Posted 19 May 2017 - 08:33 AM

We have an An-124 for freight charter parked in Germany at Leipzig Airport (IATA-code: LEJ).

You can see it from the superhighway (the famous German Autobahn) when you drive along the airport. Always an impressive sight.

Regards

- dutik

#3775 mark31

mark31

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,589 posts

Posted 19 May 2017 - 04:00 PM

mailman today at the door

i have scoord this two sets for 30 euro

1001_zpsjzqgsf2c.jpg

1000_zpsazsjrkhh.jpg

Mark

• Menelaos, Rick Griewski, harvey and 5 others like this

#3776 harvey

harvey

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,493 posts

Posted 19 May 2017 - 04:41 PM

NOICE !!!.....Harv

• mpk likes this

There's a fine line between cuddling and holding someone down so they can't get away
working on:  Tamiya F4U-2 Night Fighter
Trump P-38M BACK ON BENCH FINISHED!!!

#3777 LSP_Typhoonattack

LSP_Typhoonattack

• LSP Moderator
  • 23,596 posts

Posted 19 May 2017 - 05:17 PM

Order placed with SB Wednesday afternoon, delivered this morning. How cool is that? Some additional 23ml paint bottles (for my Panzer IV), and a couple of books. I'm really becoming a big fan of the hardbound versions of the Walk Around series, but the only one of the three that was on sale in that format, was the Stratotanker volume. Still,...

05%2019%2017_zpsq1mdf5em.jpg

• harvey, The Southern Bandit and mpk like this

Kevin

I was going to procrastinate tonight, but decided to wait.

In Progress: 1:24 Bf 109K-4, MiG-15, Soviet Ace, Fw 190F-8,

#3778 ChrisK89

ChrisK89

LSP Junkie

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 179 posts

Posted 19 May 2017 - 06:18 PM

I just ordered 2 Albatros D.V./D.Va "Jasta 5" kits for 330€ inclusive shipping. That makes 55€ per Albatros.. awesome deal! Can't wait for the end of july :frantic:

cheers Chris

• harvey, The Southern Bandit, Bomber_County and 1 other like this

#3779 Neo

Neo

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,025 posts

Posted 19 May 2017 - 10:56 PM

Hi guys

Not model related but i custom made this to go on the front of my red GTI

20170519_185127.jpg?dl=0

Edited by Neo, 19 May 2017 - 10:58 PM.

• LSP_Kevin, Lud13, harvey and 7 others like this

#3780 AdamR

AdamR

Hooked For Life

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 310 posts

Posted 20 May 2017 - 04:29 AM

Dale, use it like any putty for smaller/thin gaps. Being more of a thick liquid (you can thin it with their levelling thinner) you can control where it goes quite easily, but like Mr Surfacer of various grades it does shrink so slop a little extra on. The beauty is you can then once its dry remove the excess with a cotton bud damped with their thinners. Shouldnt require any sanding.

What Ade said!
"gut feeling"
Gastro-interologists agree the human gut contains no rational thoughts. What it is full of is pretty well known.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users