• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 LSP_Kevin

LSP_Kevin

• Administrator
  • 37,625 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 08:53 AM

Howdy all,

As part of their community outreach program, Russ from Photobucket has allowed me to post a handy tutorial on how to link images from Photobucket in your posts on LSP:

How to Link Your Images from Photobucket

This officially supplants any previous tutorials we have floating around, and comes directly from the horse's mouth, so to speak. The thread is in the LSP Forum Info section at the very top of the forums, and I've left it open for questions and commentary.

Thanks to Russ at Photobucket for the information, and permission to post it. I hope you guys find it useful!

Kev

• Girlscanplay2 and MikeP like this

#2 berneckir

berneckir

LSP Junkie

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 135 posts

Posted 06 December 2013 - 08:30 PM

Hi, Kevin.

I previously was able to link photos to the forum through photobucket, but I can't get it to work anymore. When I try to paste from IMG or Direct, nothing happens. Using Direct, I can't click the ok button. Is there a setting issue I might have? Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Rich

#3 LSP_Kevin

LSP_Kevin

• Administrator
  • 37,625 posts

Posted 06 December 2013 - 08:44 PM

Hi, Kevin.

I previously was able to link photos to the forum through photobucket, but I can't get it to work anymore. When I try to paste from IMG or Direct, nothing happens. Using Direct, I can't click the ok button. Is there a setting issue I might have? Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Rich

I'm willing to bet you're using IE 11, which has known issues with the forum software (among everything else on the Internet). Even if you weren't having these issues, I'd recommend switching to a different (better) browser ASAP.

Kev

#4 Sparzanza

Sparzanza

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,266 posts

Posted 06 December 2013 - 08:50 PM

They also made some annoying changes on Photobucket recently. For instance, the option to let one pick which album to upload to is gone. One has to manually move all the pictures to the desired album after the uploads are completed. That and some buttons are no longer where they're supposed to be.

Urf.

#5 DoogsATX

DoogsATX

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,409 posts

Posted 06 December 2013 - 09:02 PM

They also made some annoying changes on Photobucket recently. For instance, the option to let one pick which album to upload to is gone. One has to manually move all the pictures to the desired album after the uploads are completed. That and some buttons are no longer where they're supposed to be.

Urf.

how are you uploading?

I upload through 1) a plugin for iPhoto that lets me resize, specify exact albums, etc and 2) the mobile app, which just got a major overhaul that lets you select the target album as well. It's got some hiccups in other ways, but the uploading is FAR better now.

--Matt 

dm-lsmbanner1.jpg?w=400

#6 LSP_Kevin

LSP_Kevin

• Administrator
  • 37,625 posts

Posted 06 December 2013 - 09:06 PM

I use the iPhoto plug-in too, though it's falling a little out-of-date.

Kev

#7 Sparzanza

Sparzanza

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,266 posts

Posted 06 December 2013 - 09:21 PM

I don't do plugins or apps, so I guess I'm rather forked. :P

#8 berneckir

berneckir

LSP Junkie

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 135 posts

Posted 06 December 2013 - 11:39 PM

Thanks, Kevin!

You were correct. I was using IE11. Switched to google chrome and it worked.

Thanks for the assistance.

Rich

#9 Out2gtcha

Out2gtcha

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,113 posts

Posted 09 December 2013 - 10:33 AM

I wont touch Apple products with a 50m pole, but using FF works well with PB, and they have a PB up-loader for it as well as an Android app that both work absolutely stellar IMHO.

#10 Peterpools

Peterpools

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,103 posts

Posted 09 December 2013 - 03:56 PM

HI Brian

Not sure why you feel that way about Apple products. I was a PC/Windows user starting with 98, 98SE, XP Pro, Vista  an even Win7. I went through at least 4 PC's, countless upgrades and 2 laptops. Last November I switched to my iMac with Mountain Lion OS and it has been the best system I've ever had. Would never consider going back; product and support are the every best in my humble opinion.

NO problems using Photobucket at all, even though I preferred the previous set up to the new one. Just take a bit getting use to

Peter

0338ba3a-e311-4dab-8212-e3c738b97d5d_zps

ZM He 219 A-O

#11 Out2gtcha

Out2gtcha

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,113 posts

Posted 10 December 2013 - 12:40 AM

HI Brian

Not sure why you feel that way about Apple products. I was a PC/Windows user starting with 98, 98SE, XP Pro, Vista  an even Win7. I went through at least 4 PC's, countless upgrades and 2 laptops. Last November I switched to my iMac with Mountain Lion OS and it has been the best system I've ever had. Would never consider going back; product and support are the every best in my humble opinion.

NO problems using Photobucket at all, even though I preferred the previous set up to the new one. Just take a bit getting use to

Peter

I had the same load of XP for 7 years and had no problems what so ever. Upgraded the guts several times to my own liking as needed with no issues (ANOTHER thing that that irks me about apple)

I wont fully get into it here Peter as its a touchy subject with me.

I never hated apple products until I really started using them at my old job, GamePlan industries. They made us use their computers, ( no servers of course :rolleyes: ) and I learned more about their corporate structure & corporate philosophy. After using them on a VERY regular basis is where I learned to loath them.

Let me just sacrifice it to say, after attempting to use them in the semi-business setting and seeing their corporate philosophy for home use and attempting to do what I do now with them, I will never, EVER EVER (did I mention EVER?) be touching an apple product again.

I LOVE my current PC set up and the way I build my own computers -  part by part of my own liking, have things set up currently, game, (and other things)  there isnt ANY way I could ever do any of the things I currently do with a set up from those people......not to mention their servers..........whoops, couldn't have one of those either cause they dont make any.

Its not just their products, its their entire company philosophy (what company has the gall to hire employees like THIS and then make their customers call them geniuses?!?)   and its horrible, overtly pretentious attitude that makes me about as apt to by an Apple product as a product stamped with an endorsement from  Charlie Manson himself.

It is what it is. I dont try to get anyone to switch to PCs as long as no one ever tries to get me to switch back to those people.

Ok, sorry...............whew. RANT over. (and that was NOT really getting into my feelings on that company).

lol, yeah, yeah, " tell us what you really think " blah, blah.   :lol: I can see it comin.  No one wants me to do that.

Edited by Out2gtcha, 10 December 2013 - 12:43 AM.

#12 Eli Raphael

Eli Raphael

• LSP Sponsors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,215 posts

Posted 23 April 2014 - 07:27 PM

Trying to upload a photo with Google Chrome  with Photobucket to no avail!

Can someone let me know what's wrong?

Thanks

Eli Raphael
www.zotzdecals.net

"Love of beauty is taste. The creation of beauty is art."

#13 BloorwestSiR

BloorwestSiR

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,117 posts

Posted 21 July 2015 - 11:07 PM

Not sure. But I've had some weird issues with PB from Chrome as well. Id closing and reopening it helps.

Maybe give that a try if you haven't already?

Carl

#14 Astro32

Astro32

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,422 posts

Posted 18 April 2016 - 12:00 AM

How about posting from an Galaxy phone? Is that an issue?

#15 Hardcore

Hardcore

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,422 posts

Posted 18 April 2016 - 10:23 AM

I use the PB app and have never had any problems.
I have a Google Nexus 5, which run android, ofc.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users