Bush Avenger

Dukie99

Kev, Martin and Kev,

Thank you for the kind words. I finally finished the turret and tonight I glued the fuselage together and everything clicked together, much to my relief. Here are pictures of the turret before installation in the fuselage. The gun is an Aber turned brass which is currently just dry fitted so I can remove it to completely mask the turret when it is time to put pain on this beast.

Turret2_zpsvzhyortp.jpg

Turret_zpsuoyarpc0.jpg

Turret3_zpsomhb1inr.jpg

Turret4_zpsdkyripic.jpg

Turret5_zpsxvmtl4vw.jpg

Till next time. David

Not a lot of benchtime this week-end, but I managed to finish the IP, this is the Avionix IP with Airscale instruments and placards, I hope you like it:

IP_zpsia3et4ld.jpg

..that panel (and the rest of the build) looks simply stunning David, absolutely brilliant and very rewarding to see :) thank you for sharing

all the best

Peter

The gunner was hit in the head by a Japanese cannon shell, I remember reading, the radio operator called the pilot on the intercom," Deen (the gunner) has been hit bad, I've got teeth and blood all over down here".

These young men suffered some awful trauma in the Pacific war.

Gee

• 4 weeks later...

Time for an update. I managed to close the fuselage. I then painted inside the glass house. Thank the Lord for Montex masks. I then glued the all that lovely glass to the fuselage using Bondix UV glue (great stuff). Expoxied the G-Factor landing gear (a simple drop fit). After masking the bomb bay, I primed the bird using Vallejo White primer. Here are the pictures after the first coat of primer. Getting close to put some color on this massive beast. Thanks for watching. David

Primer2_zpsh0mdvx27.jpg

Primer3_zpsjcduyxgl.jpg

Primer_zpswcjobk0x.jpg

Primer4_zpsfhr4j9zf.jpg

David, i don't mean to be a party pooper, but from the photos it looks like your horizontal stabilizers have dihedral. The actual stabs on Avengers had none. Not sure if its an aspect issue with the camera, or if the sweepback of the leading edge is exaggerating things.

Aside from that it looks awesome. Was there a version of TBM-1C where the wing mounted .50s projected out of the leading edge of the wing? Just asking.

david

• 8 months later...

After a 6 months stay on the SOD, I found the motivation to finish my Bush Avenger and I am glad I did. It is by no means perfect but I absolutely love it, it has a great presence. Here is a teaser pic, I will post more pics in the RFI.

David

Bush%20Avenger%20finished5_zpszo8nuhft.j