Bf109K-4, I./KG (J)6, Bohemia, May 1945

You guys kill me.

Damn nice imagery, Martin.  Love that cockpit.  Where is this re-build?  I wonder where in the world do you find this stuff?  Not just these images, but also the seemingly endless supply of remarkable imagery on countless other threads.  The Fw190 on your own thread and the one you supplied in my 190 thread immediately come to mind.  Simply fantastic.  Many, many thanks for them all.

So, there is the .005 fastening strip terminating right where it should.  I see, you rounded the port side a little more.  Do you think that Hasegawa had not emphasized the asymmetry enough?

Sincerely,

Mark

Mark, You are more than welcome,.I am trying to motivate and help with research. I hope you do not mind my intrusions :).   The cockpit is in Germany, here is the link.

Exactly as you say, Hasegawa did great, but it could be better. Some details are way too dramatic, bulges for example. Of course this is only my subjective observation, based on studying of available photographs . The true is somewhere in between. On the last posted picture is clearly visible how different are both sides, one almost flat, another rounded and the difference  becomes more prominent  as it progresses forward.

I can ask Wolf for his untouched K4 fuselage so I can take a comparasion shot to make things clearer.

Cheers

Martin

Edited by Martinnfb

Thank you for the link.  Love that stuff.

No need to ask Wolf.  Thank you.  After viewing the section (photograph) I took a look-see at the fuselage of my K-4 and noticed the starboard side bulge begins with the cowling.

Sincerely,

Mark

.  I occasionally wonder if anyone is still interested in this thread, because I'm running out of gas on 1/32 109's. .

Hello Mark

No problemo, I can imagine we are a lot watching at your outstanding job!

Never seen such a beautiful K-4!

Many thanks for posting!

Raf

Thank you, Raf.

Thank you, John.  You're so funny.

I've been geeking out a bit with the Hungarian G-14 as I'm not quite ready to tackle the other wheel well.  But soon, I think.

Sincerely,

Mark

• 2 weeks later...

Martin, that scheme is on the Revell K-4 decal sheet.  If I ever have enough time in my life to do that one it'll go into my Black Scheme line-up.

Kevin, I know, I know!

I've put all of the Messerschmitts aside once more.  Currently I'm researching the structural differences between the AH-1G and the AH-1S.  I've long wanted to convert Revells' 1/32 AH-1G to an AH-1S and now just seems the time.

Sincerely,

Mark

Edited by dodgem37

• 2 years later...

Martin, you funny guy.

I know you haven't been waiting around while this has been collecting dust.

But in case you have, when I finish painting my latest crop of unpainted builds while I make mistakes building the Rex, those being the Sinai P-51D, the Bf109F-4Z Trop, and the Hungarian Bf109G-6 Late or is it 14?, I promise! I will put this back on my desk along with the PBY.

Thank you for looking and liking.

Sincerely,

Mark

• 4 years later...