1/32 Trumpeter F-117A Nighthawk - in 45 Days!?!?

DoogsATX

Matt,

Thanks for sharing your work, and the heads-up about those sink marks. Would sanding them level significantly alter the shape?

Tom

Yeah I don't see any way to sand the rest of the wing down to their level without significantly screwing things up. Instead I'm going to be using putty to fill them in. NOT looking forward to it, but what can you do?

There are numerous examples of the RAM material (usually the sheets I believe?) showing wrinkles and buckling in places.  But generally it was on the flat surfaces/facets.  I believe the leading edges were a solid composite construction?  At any rate, I don't believe they showed that same surface variability.  On the up side, it allows a chance to fill the (admittedly few, set still) inaccurate panel lines that are present on this kit.  That's been one of my own fears when I get to that stage, is not just the filling, but when sanding, working to keep all of the facet edges as sharp as possible.  It's easy to round them off, and they should be very sharp and defined of course.

All in all your progress is awesome on your Nighthawk!  Love the updates!  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :punk: :punk: :punk:

Matt:

Are those sink marks or glue marks? I have had the same problem using liquid glues where everything is smooth and when the glue goes on, it softens spots and causes them to look like sink marks. Had problems with Tenex doing this as it is so aggressive (and I use too much of it)

Dave

This may have been asked before but can you tell me what kind of camera/lens set up are you using?  Besides the great model work, I noticed you photos are fantastic.

Thanks,

Bryan

My bench WIP shots are all taken with my Nexus 6P. When I shift over to the light table, I use a Nikon D610 with a Nikkor 60mm macro lens. 

• 5 months later...