F-16A & F-16C Aggressor Double Build - The Double is Done!

Marcel111

• 1 month later...

After taking weeks if not months to get the result I wanted with the A tail, I am finally having all kinds of fun with painting. I bought a Olympos Micron airbrush just for this project (basically the same as an Iwata Micron), and I just love it. With an ideal paint mix and very low pressure I can get spray an almost solid line. But that really depends on the paint, with the FS35190 (ligher blue) from Vallejo, I really could get that straight line, whereas with the Vallejo FS35109 (equivalent) I was having a bit more of a challenge.

Another first with this project is using Vallejo paints. I am generally very conservative in my modelling and tend to stick with stuff it it works, so I have kept to using Tamiya and Gunze acrylics. For my recent F-4S project, I tested Lifecolor paints, which I found to be terrible, kept blocking up my airbrush plus they can hardly be masked since they lift so easily. So I was pretty apprehensive about using Vallejo but I shouldn't have been, Vallejo paints are fantastic! Super smooth finish that dries quickly, and I have had no trouble masking. Plus I was able to get a finer line with the MIcron airbrush compared to Gunze paints.

So here is where I am with the model. Have a look at this and this link to get an idea of the sun-bleached and touched-up look I am aiming to achieve.

lAn4ST.jpg

hKlS5Q.jpg

43v1Tz.jpg

4vWg1W.jpg

iSR0je.jpg

h9eJsr.jpg

Still lots of touching up to do but it's all a huge bunch of fun right now.

Cheers,

Marcel