Getting back to actually building again...

Jack

Having done no building what so ever, no inspiration due to very heavy personal problems, i finally got back to grinding plastic again.

FEEEEEEELS GOOOOOOOD....... :lol:

So here you have it, without engine nacelles, just general layout......mistery plane??....i don't think so, but i can still decide on a tanker or the original marine's toy........i think it'll turn out into the original.......SEMPER FIDELIS ;)

you know i'm a slow builder, .....bear with me, i'll keep ye posted

happy modeling

Jack

post-4-1116947812.jpg

Yeah.......would be a nice addy to increase my growing "late-war-navy" project onto a "grumma-cats" project....only a BEarcat would be missing! :lol:

Looking foreward to it,

cheers

Chris "the ripper"

Guest LSP_Jay L

Cool B) A Tigercat! Is it just me or are there some really cool models being built here? We've got a couple of awesome Balsa kits, a vac form Arado, and a Gnat just to mention a couple I am following. I could list dozens...P-38, Hellcats, Messerchmitts, Spitires... :unsure: Man, I love LSP.

Cheers,

Jay

Hey guys, thanks for the comments, but it was a real challenge to get started again after about half a year.

You might remember some struggling going on in my personal life, concerning my partner, Jacqueline, who decided to stop flying dual together with myself, and continued solo.......(flying 737 remember...), so we had a divorce, and i under estimated the impact on my personal life, to be exact my physical condition, which went down the drain.

Ok, i got myself more or less convinced i couldn't go on this way, so after some frequent hospital visits i hope i'm in a updraft now, and one of the obvious things is being able and willing to "grind the plastic" again, so to speak.

I had this vacform 1/32 combat Tigercat since a whole lot of years, and like most of you liked it's appearance very much.

I hope i'll be able to finish it in such a way that it will represent this magnificent aircraft in all aspects.

And Alan, i have some "engine and things" P&W stuff, so i might try that one, but as you might know, the actual cowling opening isn't so wide as to justify a complete engine, you wouldn't see it anyhow, and i'm not planning on opening up any cowl.

I did decide on the marine version, so it should turn out really BLUE........

As you can see the back seat cockpit is open, but i'll cover it with styrene, i like the single pilot version better.

This kit was a very early version by Combat, it has seperate "cast" wheels, struts and props, but they are very brittle, so i'll make some new ones with alu-tubing and such.

cheers for now.

Jack.

post-4-1117017804.jpg

Nice aircraft Jack. I have seen the OFMC Tigercat fly a few times at Duxford...it is always very impressive (and I think Stephen Grey's favourite warbird to fly). Good luck with the build.

Best regards

Derek

Looking ggod and welcome back!! I had a bunch of the old Combat kits when they first came our 20 some odd years ago. Always liked the Tigercat.

And now for a shameless plug For the props, I have a decent supply of the Obscureco Hamilton Standard props in stock. You can check me out at the Warbird Models, USA site on the main page.

For a look at the set check out my "Obscureco has landed at Warbirds Models" post.

Model on !

Dan

Jack, Having walked a stretch of the same path, I certainly understand how tough things can be. I too have used this hobby for therapy and am glad to see you starting a new build. Also glad you chose USMC for the "cat" as they had to prove that it was a good plane- just as they did with the Corsair! This will be interesting to watch. Maybe if I see a couple of these type articles ,I'll bust out my Ta-154.....