My DVII

LSP_Mike

Ted ,I made a simple jig; basically a post with three pieces of angle stock to hold the 'tire(tyre)" the P/E spokey part slides down the post and is held in place with a small clip;that adjusts the amount of bow in the spokes-not much for WWI A/C. I will try to get a photo on its still hit and miss mostly miss! ;)

Brad, this is my second; the first was strictly Erwin style-OOB. this one I put in Punched guages,brass bezels,wired 'pit,adding P/E guns and belts.and the paint and lozenge(thanks Copper state!) down the road I want to correct one (fuse and wing) and do a total lozenge job with maybe 5 tone uppers. I seem to remember a conversion to a DVIII from finescale,but can't find the article. Want to do one of those as well. Lothar v. Richtofens Tripe is on the board also. I am learning a great deal AND breaking in my new optivisor! to qoute "size wouldn't matter so much......"

One more from the bottom- the fuse is lozenge doped over in helleblau,some lozenge shows thru-the lower wing has been washed in burnt sienna to tone down the colors; this may show as contrast w/ upper wing

Background- my little wheel jig and MGs (again). I'm having fits trying to fit up the guns! sorry aboot the messy background!

post-4-1109050560.jpg