Ki-43-II Hayabusa | Hasegawa 1:32

Kendzior

Hi Hubert,

Well I found and scanned my decals but the button to upload pictures here is not appearing for me for some unusual reason. So tell me if this link works for you:

http://i.imgur.com/cLx8U2j.jpg

Cheers,

Brady

Many thanks, Brady!

That's exactly what I needed, just perfect :).

And thanks for all comments Mates, highly appreciated.

Best regards

Hubert

Not a problem other than the posting part Hubert. So what's your plan, to take the picture and enlarge it to 1/32 scale and print your own decals?

Cheers,

Brady

Exactly, first will have to remove the blue background, but this should be rather easy.

Have already some experience with printing decals, so I'm quite optimistic :)

gDYp0U.png

lk23VU.jpg

mn5WOn.jpg

Thanks again, best regards

Hubert

Those look nice Hubert,

I may have to ask you to do part of this same sheet for me in 1/32 if you don't mind. I've considered submitting them to Kits World decals as a future subject too. I really want to do the captured Zeros on this sheet. But I don't want to only have the option to only build them in 1/72 scale. I'd like to use the Tamiya 1/32 Zero kits for these projects. It's good to hear that my scan will work for you.

Cheers,

Brady

Interesting, the word Raccoon is misspelled on the actual plane (Raccon) but not misspelled on the decals, although removing one of the o's shouldn't be an issue.

Haven't noticed earlier, that there may be such a doubt, interesting indeed.

Giving the inscription a bit closer look, I think however, that it is rather "RACOON" than "RACCON":

YF3xns.png

Maybe dirt, maybe chipped paint makes that O look a bit like C? But I think, that the most important is the width of the letter: C seems to be wider than the first O, which seems also to be more "closed" on the right side, than the C, and that's why I will keep with RACOON. 

Thanks for comment, best regards

Hubert

• 1 month later...

Hi, All

A small update. Started to paint the markings on the tail, used Gunze's Thundirbirds white/blue/red, the blue is a bit on the dark side, but I think it's rather a matter of photos, n reality looks a little brighter.
Surfaces covered with canvas have been painted with IJA Grey and masked.

3yhvSb.jpg

SVjUJ9.jpg

I'm still wondering, what colour was that dark rectangle behind the exhaust stacks? Black, or maybe just the remains of IJA Green? First I have sprayed it black, but now I think green is more probable.

The clear decal sheets for ink-jet printer and Micro Liquid Decal Film have just arrived, so hope to move the works on the markings forward soon. So far have been using a laser printer, but decided to try something different.

Best regards

Hubert

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks, Brady. The second one is interesting indeed, however not sure if it's the one either. Looking at the US markings on the fuselage I think, that the Racoon's were a little bit bigger.

Anyway, at least an idea for another one :)

In the meantime, I sprayed some colours. Tamiya's aotake and Duraluminium from Vallejo. Then a coat of Gunze's glossy clear from the can. Not everything went as good as I hoped for, but I think I can live with it.

The decals will follow, still have got to resize the inscription from the Brady's decal, hope it will look good enough. The rest of the decals will come from Techmod.

WlWsD8.jpg

R4XqqE.jpg

sPtsHu.jpg

2C9c2n.jpg

jCfxaN.jpg

zPujkB.jpg

h0iOsV.jpg

8TAksp.jpg

Hope you like it :), stay tuned

Best regards

Hubert

Hi Hubert! Very nice looking model in unusual marking.

What software did you use for scanning and scaling decals and what about printing? Any special printer onto what transparent film?

TIA

Tiberio

Well, If you're asking about the decals from my earlier post, I used a very "advanced and sophisticated" software... just MS Word and its features. Next just a color laser printer in 1200 dpi and the clean decal sheet from Techmod. 

This works perfectly for the dark letters, numbers, stencils. For the markings - not so well, there are some problems with the colours, as the printed colours are a bit translucent. Of course, no way to print the white colour, the printers with such feature are rather rare, more expensive - so one needs to spray the white colour under the decal.

As for the markings sourced from other decals or drawings - just a regular scanner, then I prepare the image in MS Paint (yes, I know how it sounds), paste them into the MS Word document and resize using its basic features. Simple, almost primitive, but usually it works.

This time I'm going to use the inkjet printer and Microscale's decal film to secure the printed decal.

Hope it helps :)

Thanks for watching, best regards.

Hubert