Ki-43-II Hayabusa | Hasegawa 1:32

Kendzior

Shouldn't  the cockpit colour be green instead of blue?

nakajima_ki-43.jpg

That was my first thought too, but I decided to follow the research done by Richard Tool, with whom I discussed this issue here: http://aeroscale.co.uk/modules.php?op=modload&name=SquawkBox&file=index&req=viewtopic&topic_id=252937&ord=&page=3.

Thanks for watching, best regards

Hubert

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Thanks, Mates :)

Confirmed, the IP is an old PE from Eduard, painted black with Gunze's 1500 Black Surfacer and drybrushed with light grey oil paint from Citadel range. Unfortunately not much will be seen when the work is done, but at least the photos remain... very glad, that you like it :)

This project stalled for a moment, but I'm going to come back to it next week.

Stay tuned, best regards

Hubert

OK, Mates - as promised, the Hayabusa comes back.

Prepared the fuselage and upper halves of the wings for making the "overlapping panels" effect. At the same time decided to glue the upper halves of the wings in place, so that the wings/fuselage joint is just perfect, without use of filler. 

eoRnQs.jpg

raXlT4.jpg

Have also begun to work on the engine, assembly was fairly quick and easy, but taking into account, that I'm making a late Ki-43 II, without the cooler behind the propeller, OOB it would look not good enough. Therefore some cables will be added.

gIAm6S.jpg

Best regards

Hubert

Just for an FYI in case anyone's interested; Aotake ranged in color from a deep blue to almost green according to what I remember reading in Mikesh's book on Japanese Interior Colors.  However within that range there was always the fact that it was translucent.