WTF - HB 1/18 scale Harrier!!!!!

Mark M

LOL! I just traded off a pre-built 1/18 P-40 B because they're just too big for my real estate. Got a Stuka and an Avenger that need to go now. I'm sticking to 1/32, thank you!  even opted out on the 1/32 B-17.  But I did fold under the pressure of twins like my B-25 and P-61 and hoping for a Marauder.

I'm happy to see these bigger kits brought to the market for the guys and gals that want them.  It shows that there is some desire in the hobby and it is not dying like we always hear.

Cough... Cough....

BTW did I mention.......

26648565889_af413e5b4f_c.jpgWinter Harrier-1 by Tony Taylor, on Flickr

38369142376_3a02134ba4_c.jpgTbird Harrier by Tony Taylor, on Flickr

Uh YES, and YES PLEASE!!!       Ive waited a long while for a T.4 Harrier.........................and most definitely would have to have Sea Harrier.    Oh yes, and love the winter camo. Just like the 1/32nd/1/35th SeaKing I dont own, I will have to have one of these in the Brit winter camo as well. 

hi Matt, which are the inaccuracies in the Trumpy GR.7/9 kit? apart from the turtledeck (undersized) and the nose (a bit misshaped)?

Detail is pretty much completely spurious, the cockpit is the stock AV-8B cockpit, the nose is angled down, the Zeus antennae underneath are way too small, the LERX is wrong on both the 65% and 100% versions, the pylons are completely misshapen and in the wrong place on the wings, the wing lights need added, the tail needs a bunch of work, and it needs more of the antennae suite and GPS domes

Pretty decent listing, it definitely needs a bunch of work. I've got all of the Nick Greenhall drawings set aside to really do a Gr.9 properly, but it would be a massive project.  Even my Airfix 1/72 one is driving me up the walls with all of their shortcuts

Matt  :frantic:

Pretty decent listing, it definitely needs a bunch of work. I've got all of the Nick Greenhall drawings set aside to really do a Gr.9 properly, but it would be a massive project.

hi Matt, where can I find those drawings?

... missing kink in the wings, incorrect angle of fuselage are in front onf windscreen, incorrect main wheels, incorrect gun pods, incorrect radome on Harrier II+, etc. The 32nd scale Trumpeter Harrier sadly has many, many issues. The Merit one lookts a bit strange as well, but ir the HB reissue is not too expensive, it might be an interesting kit to get and do correct it.