North American BC-1 Trainer (Harvard Mk1) 1/48 Vacform - Sierra Scale

SirBlueHenry

And then I removed the excess fairing near the edge of the horizontal stabs, as it was in the way of the elevators. Or put another way - since Im moving the horizontal stabs forward - those fairings end up too far back. I have trimmed 1 side and show the 2 side for comparison. Its coming along

Hi Shawn - yes I love that Porsche. ist on the waiting list - the only downside is that resin moulding doesn't have a good surface. everything needs to be sanded or spray filled and sanded. In other words a huge job.

Joel, thanks for thinking my workbench is organised, to me it looks like clutter but its some form of organised clutter. Every time I clean it up - it looks like that 1 day later. And Im not sure if you were looking at the correct Harvard, the one resting on the box next to the Porsche is not the vacform - thats one of my Monogram kits - sprayed white so far but waiting a Reno style colour scheme. The vacform is still in pieces and still a week or two from spraying

And you may have seen even another Harvard there with wings removed - sort of a derelict I built years back - it just needs a few tweaks here and there

I use the term Harvard commonly but I mean AT-6 etc. I just generically use the term Harvard for all of them.

Decided to try and do a bit of wiring and make the frame look busier - closer to the real thing, and just for the hell of it. Of course I took some liberties and side on it looks a bit 'blingy' but from the angles you will be able to view the cockpit at it will be less visible and so seem a lot more subdued.

Thin copper wire was affective. Thin coloured wires less effective and white cotton to represent wiring harnesses on the outsed of the frame, not too bad. I used white because anything else just totally disappears.

Something different :)

SBH,

Impressive wiring, as you certainly achieved your goal of making the interior look a lot busier. As for the white thread to simulate bundled wires, it just looks a little to bright and stark compared to everything else. A gray might have been a better option. 

Joel

Hi Joel. Yes i agree with you. I tested by placing in the cockpit and viewing as you would and sadly all of that cotton is not visible (as far as I can judge at the moment). So I can regard it as a trial. Next One I do I will use black cotton and see if I can use white ties as I have seen on many Texans. Luckily I have a lot of Texans so much more practice coming. Thanks for the feedback