FLY model Ar-234

Troy Molitor

Seems our good friends across the pond are getting the Fly models Ar-234 for cheap. My question, obviously late to the party, has anyone here in the states found where to order one from within the continental 48? I think I need one. Thanks Gents.

Troy.

I have one in the stash. It's a nice looking kit. I haven't test fitted anything but the details are nice and it's a logical layout. Nothing odd in the parts breakdown that stood out. It sort of reminds me of a PCM kit.

Edit: I recall Radu had some concerns about the shape of something on the kit but I can't recall what it was.

Carl

Edited by BloorwestSiR

Radu's comments are in a thread called "Are the Fly AR234s available yet?' which I found by searching on 'Fly Arado Radu'.  I'd post a link but for some reason I can't paste anything into this post.

Is the kit any good?

I've got one & I recommend it, especially for the price.

Tons of interior detail in resin, some PE, IP main parts, clear instruction - all good.

I know Radu has some issues with the fuselage shape I think, but to be honest Radu's probably the only person with the knowledge to notice!

I did have MDC's kit, but the Fly seems to be far more buildable, as one would expect when comparing IP to resin, and around half the price.

Perhaps an Ar 234 fanatic would prefer Radu's kit, but for me Fly's is fine, especially for the money. 

M&Models in the US carries Fly kits:

http://www.mmodelstore.com/flymodel-132scale.aspx

Unfortunately, they're very expensive in the US thanks to importer price gouging...

Ordering direct will get you the best price, IMHO. Got two direct from Fly when they first came out with a total cost of about one kit from a US seller.

HTH,

D