Revell (née Matchbox) Spitfire 22- finished

BloorwestSiR

Thanks Maru and Jens!

The Aires cockpit definitely isn't the best way to go about this. The Mastercasters one supposedly made for the 22 isn't much better though.

Anyways, a bit more progress. I assembled and painted the seat along with the belts.

IMG_20170126_230021.jpg

I'm using the paper belts made by Wako.

Here's the front bulkhead almost finished:

IMG_20170124_204147.jpg

I've pretty much got the rest of the cockpit ready for installation in the fuselage. I just need to fit the fuselage tank and I'm good to go.

That's one heck of an improvement, how are you going to clean up the port sill ledge?

Thanks Cees!

Originally when I did my test fittings, the ledge was flush against the fuselage side so I'm not sure what happened. With the cockpit door in place, it's all by unnoticeable.

IMG_20170130_154720.jpg

Carl,

Love the seat,belts and the bulkhead and together the whole ensemble is really IMPRESSIVE.

Rock on Carl! :punk: :punk: :clap2:

Thanks Maru!

After some thought, I realized that the cockpit parts for the PCM Spitfires might be a better fit. I'll have to check and see. But that'll be for another project...

Carl

To add some detail to the wheel bays, I used some upper bay sections left over from an Alleycat E wing conversion. They're not 100% accurate, maybe not even 75% accurate but I like the visual improvement.

IMG_20170129_215828.jpg

With a coat of silver on them and some black where the cannon ejection ports are:

IMG_20170130_154732.jpg

Finally, with the upper wings in place.

IMG_20170130_225746.jpg

I ended up with a clean joint on the port side and a step on the starboard one. So there should bit of filler there.

The same goes for the underside:

IMG_20170130_225757.jpg

The last thing I did was drill out the engine exhaust pipes.

IMG_20170131_155907.jpg

More to come.

Carl

Guest Peterpools

Hi Carl

Nice progress on the Spit. Don't you just love that when a step appears on one side and not the other.

Keep 'em coming

Peter