1/32 scale Ki 44 Shoki

alaninaustria

I have jumped a bit here... but I started with a nice coating of Mr Sfcr 1000, polished up with Mastercasters sanding sponges... then a nice glossy coat of

enamel gloss black from Revell... and three days drying time.. :speak_cool:

When the gloss black was dry, it was time to start my first Alclad II painting.... and thank goodness it turned out ok!

I painted on Alclad II Duraluminium then masked certain areas with post it notes.... then white aluminium and polished aluminium.... was actually fun and I have totaly fallen in love with using Alclad II paint products.... so realistic, I think I wil try more NMF's....

The oatake finish in the wheel wells and flaps areas is the Tamiya metalic blue paint... thinned to death and misted on.... I like the contrast!

I have started to mask the markings on too, using Tamiya tape and the mark I eyeball.... I am really surprised at how durable that finish is after it dries....

post-10-1256745165.jpg

post-10-1256745172.jpg

Thats the last one for today.... I still need to mask the leading edge of the other side and get that landing light sorted... then I can assemble the remaining parts! :speak_cool:

Alot of fun, a big learning curve... and still miles more to go :BANGHEAD2: ... but I have enjoyed myself very much with this build so far! Thanks for looking and stay tuned... any and all comments appreciated!

Cheers

Alan :coolio:

post-10-1256745568.jpg

Alan, you're just toooooo much, this is fantastic, real nice finish sofar, indeed you must have had fun putting on the various shades on this baby.

You should be proud i tell ya :speak_cool:

This would be a show stopper at many conventions to be sure.

cheers,

Jack :BANGHEAD2: