Hasegawa Bf-109F-4 Trop, Yellow 14

ChuckD

Hi, everyone.  If you've followed my ridiculously slow "Messerschmitts of North Africa" WIP thread, you already know that my Bf-109 was getting close to done.  Today, I was able to put the finishing touches on it and call it complete.  I'm happy with the way it turned out for sure.  It's not perfect, but it's probably the best 1/32 aircraft I've ever done - out of a total of like 4.  Definitely learned a lot along the way as this was my first attempt at masking and painting the inside of a canopy.  Turned out pretty well, I think.

This is Hasegawa kit 08881/ST31, Bf-109F-4 Trop and was finished out of the box with the exception of some HGW seatbelts.  Paints were a mix of Mr. Paint, Mr. Color, Tamiya, Vallejo, and a partridge in a pear tree.  Weathered with oils and pastels.

If you followed my thread at all, you'll know that I'm a bit of a numbers geek, and so I've kept a fairly detailed build log of both this and the Bf-110 I've been working on in parallel.  Here are the final statistics:

Started: 11/10/2017

Finished: 12/28/2017

Days on bench: 48

Total materials cost: $60.66

Planning and preparation time: 7.6 hrs

Build time: 13.35 hrs

Painting time: 11.9 hrs

Weathering time: 5.3 hrs

Number of sessions at the bench: 26

Average time per session: 1.47 hrs

Average time per day: .79 hrs

Number of favorite sweatshirts ruined: 1

A9C71PH.jpg

DmRRZwC.jpg

kSdR3xz.jpg

7N2V5cf.jpg

Glt8xVp.jpg

618AkxA.jpg

dV1R9Qp.jpg

rE4hyTY.jpg

eUKJwL4.jpg

Edited by Gewehr 43

Thanks for the compliments, guys. :)

Very very very nice! I've a F4 in my pipeline and the Hasegawa kit is a little gem so your work stimulating me.

How did you glue the knobs on canopy? Future?

More wip pics, please!

Ciao

Filippo

I just used white glue for the knobs.  They were a pain in the butt to paint because they were so small.