Rules of the Road

DaveJ

Greetings!

Welcome to the "A Trip to Russville" Group Build! This GB has only one rule: Models must be in the LSP scales. Anything else goes!

Ruzlkampf (Russ Camp) was one of our most prolific builders, especially in the GB section. He was also our greatest benefactor, often donating kits as raffle prizes for group builds. His sudden, tragic passing leaves most of us with heavy hearts, but I for one am certain that Russ wouldn't have wanted that. He'd want us all to build something and have a laugh or two along the way!

The builds in this GB and the completed builds in the Gallery are all dedicated to our fallen friend. Let's have a bunch of great projects, a few laughs and remember our friend the way he would've wanted.

Have at it!!

I'd LOVE to livicate some builds to Russ. Due to his, and a few others, humility I chose to stay, and figure out how to do the cyber speak thingee.

Possible entry's are:

- F4U-1A- 21st century/Trumpeter kit bash+scratch. On Hold since '08. It's 'bout that time to set it straight.

- P-82- In a " What if " configuration, using Trump P-51B bodies, bits from Hasegawa, Revell -D's, and scratched stuff.

I was thinking about doing this for a couple of years since I returned to the hobby/sickness, and during someones post on a P-51 build Russ brought it up, and stated he had this idea too. I was going to ask him for some info on the subject, as I have just purchased some -51 bits from Larry a couple days back. So if/when I do it, it will be for Russ, as I know he liked the idea of a double "B". It will be total fiction, something I've gotten used to while working on my clients cartoon B-17, the markings will be livicated to Russ somehow, maybe "Russville's Ponie" or "Russtangulous", I 'll think about it some more I ain't trying to hard right now....

- Something scratch- Maybe a Guillows kit into plastic, B-25 comes to mind as I have extra Vac. bits from a trashed kit I got a while back. Paper kit to plastic, as Russ, and Butler have shown it is very doable, and I am leaning in this direction the more kits I see, great choices in Aircraft. I think Russ would appreciate something along these lines. We shall see.

I don't think I can finish a kit in 2 weeks or even a month, due to life struggles, but will do my best to keep it movin' for Russ. I know whatever I build for Russ will have to have a standard item always included in his builds...........................

Pilot in the pit, so AMS in the pit is use-a-less... but we shall see.

Peace, Jah Guide and Protection to all,

Alfonso

Is their an enddate to this GB ?

Funny, no one ever discussed that! I think we're supposed to doing a 3-month one, but I reckon this one deserves 6. Dave's decision really, though.

Kev

I, for one, would apprecaite if we could add here, or pinned in the gallery, the list of links to Russ' builds that Charles has compiled (and which I am not sure is even complete yet)

Hubert.

Just added it now Hubert. Thanks to Charlie and everyone else who compiled it.

Kev

Funny, no one ever discussed that! I think we're supposed to doing a 3-month one, but I reckon this one deserves 6. Dave's decision really, though.

Kev

Make it 6 please. I'd like to finish current projects and do something for this.

This GB will run until November 15th.

Hello guys,

I've never participated in a GB before but this one seems like a fitting tribute to a very popular fellow.

There is an old Hasegawa Spit Vb in my loft that I'd been saving in an attempt to back date it to an earlier mark but with the possible promise of an early Tamiya Spit at some point in the future {~fingers crossed~} this is a prime candidate.

Inspired by Russ's OOB Spitfire build I'd like to join in if I may?

I can use the project as an excuse to have fun in Russ's memory by building it strictly OOtB including kit decals then concentrate on the painting and finishing of the model.

I think I'm going to need help though, not only have I never built a Spitfire before but I bought this model off Evilbay so luckily, the instructions are for the MkIV MkVI and totally in Japanese! :(

I like the desert scheme depicted on the box art so I think that will make a satisfactory subject. Perhaps I can call on all of the experts when I paint myself into a corner? :frantic:

:piliot:

Inspired by Russ's OOB Spitfire build I'd like to join in if I may?

Perhaps I can call on all of the experts when I paint myself into a corner? :thumbsup:

:piliot:

Absolutely "yes" to both questions! That's the whole point of group builds; seeking inspiration and help from others in the group.

to really do russ justice, the deadline should be tuesday next week :speak_cool:

:goodjob:

Too true but some of us need sleep and possibly food (not to mention that annoying work thing)

Although, none of these seemed to slow Russ down.

We are not worthy.

to really do russ justice, the deadline should be tuesday next week :speak_cool:

and half way through you should change it in to something completely different. I always loved that part he was going fast on his Norwegian viper when all of the sudden he start morphing it in to a F-16XL :) Man i'm going to miss that.

Anyway I'm making a "simple" in flight just so I can't start fiddling with the gears and such...

Cheers

Greetz STB

Frederick Jacobs

• 1 month later...

Saaaay...I know I'm a newbie and all, but I was curious if I may be allowed to participate in this GB. I've never done one...I've read about them on forums. This one seems important for an important guy. If I'm allowed, I'd like to enter my Revell Hunter, 1/32 scale of course.

Dug :evil_laugh:

Saaaay...I know I'm a newbie and all, but I was curious if I may be allowed to participate in this GB. I've never done one...I've read about them on forums. This one seems important for an important guy. If I'm allowed, I'd like to enter my Revell Hunter, 1/32 scale of course.

Dug :evil_laugh:

You are most certainly welcome to join the fun! The more the merrier.