Photo

GTR F-15E Wheel/tire/Dampener Set for Tamiya!

• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

#31 otis252

otis252

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 806 posts

Posted 30 August 2016 - 11:28 PM

Excellent news on the USAF B/D cockpit. Gary is right the Isra Publishing F-15 Baz book is awesome and a must have for building an IAF F-15A-D.

Chuck

• thewizardofaz likes this

#32 thewizardofaz

thewizardofaz

LSP Member

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 31 August 2016 - 12:11 AM

If I'm not mistaken, the USAF rear cockpit on B/D models was pretty bare compared to the front.  Not so on the IAF birds.  They are fully fitted.

#33 thewizardofaz

thewizardofaz

LSP Member

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 31 August 2016 - 12:13 AM

Excellent news on the USAF B/D cockpit. Gary is right the Isra Publishing F-15 Baz book is awesome and a must have for building an IAF F-15A-D.

Chuck

Is that the one by Ra'anan Weiss and Alon Koren?

#34 thewizardofaz

thewizardofaz

LSP Member

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 31 August 2016 - 12:15 AM

Hey Wizard, appreciate the enthusiasm !      Here is Babs build from the forum here, and it looks like the same dome to me?

http://forum.largesc...showtopic=62509

Good info on the D/E hybrids, but I want to clarify a couple of points on those jets.  The IAF bought these as attrition replacement airframe after the A-D line was closed and only E's were being made.   The E airframe, while externally identical for all practical purposes to the A-d's, has completely different internal structure taking advantage of new materials and CAD design and testing.   The E airframe is designed for twice the service life of the original, can carry more weight, and are only 2 seaters.  OK with the IAF as they prefer the family model, even converting old "B's " to D spec for CFT's and engines.  The highest scoring Eagle is a "D" model,  957, the same jet of missing wing landing fame!

The D/E's are the E airframe, but came the D equipment:  Engines, cockpit panel payout, landing gear/Whees/Tires/ Electronics, Radar, and such.   They did not have the E/I cockpit with the MFD's and weapons systems.   They did come with ACES II seats.

Now the IAF has upgraded all of their B's and D's into something approaching the I since they were delivered.   The important thing to remember with all of these long serving Aircraft is that they have changed considerably over time, so what you include on your model can vary greatly depending on the period you choose to build.   Current cockpit configuration is impossible to get a picture.   The F-15A-D  BAZ book that was written a while ago is an excellent source with many, many pictures.   They can be had on E bay for $50.

Hope this helps and keep the info coming!

Appears so. 

#35 thewizardofaz

thewizardofaz

LSP Member

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 31 August 2016 - 12:19 AM

The CE still are available from Dave Klaus's decal web site, and I have hope that sky will re-release their set once they see the conversion sets. The nice thing is that there are enough marking to build 2-3 jets, you just need more stars which are easy to find or paint.

What we need is Airdoc/Wingman/Isracast , whatever name they now use, to re issue their Baz and Ra'am decal sets.

I have been asking IsraCast.../.../... and Sami Deckel at Sky's to reprint the 1/32 set with the eagle landing on the tail. I said I'd be happy with just the landing eagles.  I don't know what to call them either...but they knew what I meant.  That was several years ago.  I even know a guy in Israel who has mentioned it and no joy there either.

#36 thewizardofaz

thewizardofaz

LSP Member

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 31 August 2016 - 12:21 AM

BTW, I have both F-15I 1/32 decal sets from IsraDecal and from Sky's.  At some point I will decide which one I am going to use and offer the other set here before anywhere else.  

BTW, is there any ownership or plagiarizing issue with duplicating sets long out of print for five or six years?  I don't know why the two makers won't update their sets, all they have to do is add the landing eagles to the set. It's not like they have to redo the whole set(s),  The 1/48 set with the landing eagle is still available every once in a while on ebay.  If I could get those two little birds just scaled up I would pay full price.  I have decals for my F-15I as I mentioned, but none for the C/ D models (at least no landing eagles) and have decals for my A/B cuz they were not treated to the Improvement program (Improved Baz) that got the C/D/

birds their landing eagles.

Edited by thewizardofaz, 31 August 2016 - 12:28 AM.

#37 ghatherly

ghatherly

• LSP Sponsors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,279 posts

Posted 31 August 2016 - 01:55 AM

BTW, I have both F-15I 1/32 decal sets from IsraDecal and from Sky's.  At some point I will decide which one I am going to use and offer the other set here before anywhere else.  

BTW, is there any ownership or plagiarizing issue with duplicating sets long out of print for five or six years?  I don't know why the two makers won't update their sets, all they have to do is add the landing eagles to the set. It's not like they have to redo the whole set(s),  The 1/48 set with the landing eagle is still available every once in a while on ebay.  If I could get those two little birds just scaled up I would pay full price.  I have decals for my F-15I as I mentioned, but none for the C/ D models (at least no landing eagles) and have decals for my A/B cuz they were not treated to the Improvement program (Improved Baz) that got the C/D/

birds their landing eagles.

yes!!!!!!

• thewizardofaz likes this

Many Thanks, Gary

"In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God, He was with God in the beginning. Through Him all things were made; without Him nothing was made that has been made. In Him was life, and that life was the light of men. The light shines in the darkness, but the darkness has not understood it.” John 1:1-4

d2b207a4-fc22-4f15-bb7e-67e423125a3e_zps

#38 thewizardofaz

thewizardofaz

LSP Member

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 06 October 2016 - 11:31 PM

just ordered 1 sheet from Klaus site, thanks for the suggestion!

anyway I can't see the stylized hawk (as in the Sky's Decals sheet) on the tail  :shrug:

acapol.jpg

(I like it very much...)

anyway I'd also need a cockpit for the -D version...

If you're looking to build an F-15D Baz, instead of buying all the parts separately, use the F-15E kit as your start point.  That's what the IAF does on some birds. They start with an E and finish it with the particular IAF parts.  The IAF D models are not and never have been trainers.  They are a multi capability aircraft and from the reading I have done, some of the Ds have started life as an E.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users