Revell Ju88A-1 converted to a C-6 via AIMS bits etc

Bought this Ju88A-1 when it first came out - embarrassingly many years ago - and found that the A-1 really didn't do it for me. So I decided to get some bits from AIMS to covert it to a C-6, the 'famous' one with fake glass nose

ju88c2.jpgr

So... that was allright but I seriously underestimated the challenge of changing the A-1 flat one gun rear canopy to a A-4 type bulged two gun canopy and so it stalled.

Some years back I got my hands on a L'Arsenal conversion to the canopy but it really didn't make it take off.

I hope it will now...

Here is how it looks today

Kw9QfF7.jpg

Edited by Thomas Lund

Glad to see she did not meet that fate Thomas! Love the C-series 88's, and I am looking forward to see you save her. This group build is an awesome topic, and I just went looking through the stash to see what has been stalled......yikes.

Looks like I am going to need to make a list...... :doh:

Looking forward to your next update!

THOR    :ninja:

It looks to me that you are nicely into the build. The Ju-88 is one of my favorites. I will be watching your build vicariously as this is one of the variants I actually decided not to build. Hmmm. Maybe I should drag out my "A-4 Torp build. I will have to train my airbrush to do the wavy camouflage.

Rick

• 1 month later...

Irritated about the ailerons on my Ki-45 I decided to do something to my Ju88

Since I started from an A-1 I created some problems for myself - the canopy and engine nacelles, which I have stolen from an A-4 kit I bought for later conversion into a Ju88G og a Ju188. But one thing was not so simple. On the back of later models Ju88's there is the embedded direction finder antenna which was not on the A-1. I couldn't steal that from the A-4 kit since it would be needed, so I cast a copy - here seen with guide flaps for alignment in the fuselage

syLRPwC.jpg

A great big hole was cut

rdor1kE.jpg

0JU28Pz.jpg

And it was dropped in

4pOJFbM.jpg

Gaps filled with chunks of styrene and superglue and then sanded flush

UguobUY.jpg

And then a layer of Tamiya surface primer to check for flaws - still a few to fix but overall ok

UUHnJm7.jpg

• 2 weeks later...