Venezuelan Sukhoi SU-30 MK2

kike_gt

Looking very good! Did i ask what paints you are using?

Regards,

Steve S.

Tails 

FS 13055 yellow

Model Master "Guards Red"

and "blue angels" blue for the "5"

white for the tips and antennae

For the camo

36495 Light Gray

36440 Flat Gull Gray

36173 AMC gray

all of them toned down with "French Light Blue Gray" to give them that blueish tone the real plane has!  I hope that helps.

The camo colors look lighter than they really are but I'm counting on glosscote, wash and dullcote to darken them a bit

Thanks for that - all I need to do now is translate them to Mr. Paint numbers.

Looking forward to seeing more of your build.

What are your thoughts ref the expected Tan Models SU 33 in 1/32 scale? I don't think I can build a '27 two seater without progressing on to the '33 - just hope it measures up!

Regards,

Steve S.

Thanks for that - all I need to do now is translate them to Mr. Paint numbers.

Looking forward to seeing more of your build.

What are your thoughts ref the expected Tan Models SU 33 in 1/32 scale? I don't think I can build a '27 two seater without progressing on to the '33 - just hope it measures up!

Regards,

Steve S.

Well that Tan Flanker looks like one hell of a model! there are some nice features that, if it gets to stores, I hope thay'd have corrected the known issues, and if you build a Su-27 you must have one of those! I'd gladly put my hands on one of those!

Some work on the vacuum formed canopy canopy! I gotta say that it was hard for me to add those litle plastic strips, masking them and painting them!! but I'm happy with the result

here the pics

IMG_9827.jpg

IMG_9829.jpg

IMG_9832.jpg

IMG_9834.jpg

IMG_9835.jpg

IMG_9837.jpg

And this beautiful pitot arrived today!!

IMG_9840.jpg

Hope you like it!

Once again great work!

What references are you working from as there seems to be a real lack of books on, not only the Sukhoi 27 Family, but other Russian fighters? 

Regards,

Steve S.

Well I have a nice bunch of picture from the net and from some friends in venezuela, one of them is an airforce photographer so is a nice source of pictures, other than that few info is what I found! most of my references are from other models!

Super stuff on the vac canopy. What glue did you use for the plastic strips?

Jim

Just tamiya cement, the one with the orange cap! seems to work great with the plastic I used (disposable dishes)

I continued adding stuff to the canopy, this time the A/C tubes which are very prominent and really hard, for me, to replicate.

They are suppossed to look like this

IMG_7450.jpg

I was only able to make thum look like this, for me it was a big progress!! and I'm very happy with how they turned out

IMG_9874.jpgIMG_9879.jpgIMG_9883.jpgIMG_9884.jpgWEMN7322.jpg

time to move on to the engine side! :piliot:

The works continue and I finally decided to tackle the most difficult part for me, engines! one of the most important parts of Flankers since they are attention atractors! and weather you nail it or screw it, there's hardly a halfway point!

I made a couple of attemps and totally screwed it! after a bit of trying, cursing and praying! I was able to (in my mind at least) to get beyond the screwed side and get a decent job!  you be the judges cause after watching at them for so long I don't know how to be unbiassed! the thing is I don't think I'd be capable now to make it any better!

IMG_9859.jpg

IMG_9860.jpg

IMG_9963.jpg

IMG_9898.jpg

IMG_9896.jpg