• Please log in to reply
53 replies to this topic

#46 ssculptor

ssculptor

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,749 posts

Posted 27 December 2017 - 12:59 PM

Well, as a sculptor I usually don't make more than one part but recently (past 10 years) I have been using the same characters in more than one of my assemblage sculpture.  For example, I have been using the Laurel & Hardy characters from the 1/18 Gates Jeeps. I am accumulating a number of Unmanned 1/18 jeeps this way. Don't know what to do with the empty jeeps, yet, but who knows? I also have a bunch of the 1/32 Laurel and Hardy Gates Jeeps. Haven't put them in anything yet. 

But, to get to 3D printing, this saves me from buying a scanner  to scan the characters so I can reproduce them in 3D. Not needing a scanner and a printer saves me tons of money, by the way.  

So I am still a little old craftsman/sculptor whittling away in my little industrial complex (that is camouflaged to look like a humble cottage) in the Black Forest. Just me and Snow White and the 7 dwarfs (sorry, little people) and she makes coffee and cleans up after me and a few other little chores. 

So, as much as I really like the latest technology I have no intention of getting in over my hear financially to make sculpture that I can do by hand at almost no cost. 

When I can get a good scanner for about a Grand ($1,000 in Chicago talk) I will get a 3D printer for about half that and then I can make assemblages that have multiple pieces in them. Is it worth it money-wise? No, it is still less expensive to simply purchase what i need in terms of figures and the like. 

But people like me love to have the latest gizmos. My buddy just bought himself a CNC machine. Oh we old geezers do have fun with our toys. 

Besides, using ready made parts in my assemblages means I can peruse garage sales and flea markets and find tables full of comic characters to buy at low cost and use in my work. Some guys get their exercise walking around on a golf course, swatting a poor inoffensive little ball all over the place until it finally hides in a hole in the ground. Well wandering through a local flea market that occupies an 8 acre field for the purpose of buying what I like for mere pennies on the dollar to put into my sculpture is my idea of exercise. 

If I need an original character I can carve my own, I am a sculptor after all. 

So I will sit on the sideline and observe what advancements are being made in 3D technology. Popcorn anybody? :popcorn:

Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of men?
The Shadow knows!
Nyah hah hah hah hah.

#47 SCRATCH BUILDER

SCRATCH BUILDER

LSP Junkie

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 120 posts

Posted 27 December 2017 - 03:48 PM

Hey Wunwing,

Let know your results, this printer is on my list for the new year, But i hear the software upgrade is causing some bugs.

Rick

****If you can't find it, Make it.****

#48 wunwinglow

wunwinglow

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,266 posts

Posted 27 December 2017 - 07:25 PM

Two builds on latest firmware and support software, all good!

My Father told me two things would happen as I got older.
I can't remember either of them....

FLYINGSTART_TITLE%20SMALL.JPG

#49 Nick_Karatzides

Nick_Karatzides

Hooked For Life

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 341 posts

Posted 06 February 2018 - 11:21 AM

Well, I am not in 3D design as many years as some fellow modelers here (I hear about people designing since 1990s). I may have few decades years experience as a traditional scale model (considering I built my first scale model when I was only 7yo), but the 3D is something new for me too and trying to do my best the last few years only.

Since I am the co-founder of the Anyuta 3D team (founded almost 10 years ago originally operated solely on digital projects for use in industrial construction), on early 2012 I thought as good idea to expanded into the scale modeling too by designing & manufacturing complete scale models, after market kits and accessories for the modeller who seeks something different. Nowdays, our Anyuta 3D team has two basic branches:

• The main industrial design part and
  • The retail shop part for average modelers.

We create complete 3D printed model kits or partial 3D digital designs on behalf of international scale model companies to be used as master prototype miniatures and later get produced as injection molded model kits, available for sale into your local hobby shop. For example, have a look on the screenshots attached for some project CAD designed by our Anyuta 3D team as a commision work for well known international scale model companies - maybe you'll recognize the model kits found in hobbyshops too. As addition, we also provide custom work service for individual customers such as collectors & US and EU located military museums such as NASM, RAF halls, Deutsches museum, Merlin engines museum, DTM, etc. Finally, we keep online shop just for retail sales for the average scale modeler, with most reasonable prices.

CAD%20sample%2001_zpsfvsidl0y.jpg

CAD%20sample%2002_zpsjgz59djf.jpg

CAD%20sample%2003_zpslhrgowvg.jpg

CAD%20sample%2004_zpsga3kfhoa.jpg

CAD%20sample%2005_zps6qm0kttq.jpg

CAD%20sample%2006_zpsdcv4smyv.jpg

CAD%20sample%2021_zpssg8tjgrw.jpg

CAD%20sample%2007_zpsnamt7hh1.jpg

CAD%20sample%2008_zpsxhblvkrj.jpg

CAD%20sample%2009_zpslttzbkel.jpg

CAD%20sample%2010_zpscgx5wdes.jpg

CAD%20sample%2011_zps2ihffsvo.jpg

CAD%20sample%2020_zpsv3xtliv0.jpg

CAD%20engine%20Rolls%20Royce%20Merlin%20

Anyuta_3_D_signature_0002.jpg

#50 Nick_Karatzides

Nick_Karatzides

Hooked For Life

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 341 posts

Posted 06 February 2018 - 11:24 AM

Although the Anyuta 3D team started very very very small, within few years became a multinational team composed of CAD designers and old fashioned scale model builders too. The last 3-4 years, we run a network of hand picked freelance CAD designers around the World and we forward to them 3D model orders to prepare the commision work we receive from our customers. Same time, a team of traditional scale modelers, figure painters & skilled craftsmen is also organised to build & paint as complete miniatures the 3D printed objects. Despite the fact I always enjoy designing myself and keep a first-person role on the 3D model building, after 2015 I decided to take a step back (for reasons that few fellow modelrs here already know) and assign parts of the huge workload on trusty associates (aka “Santa's helpers”) to run business easier, faster and get the work done more efficient. Today, I prefer most to have a general view of work and make the contact deal with customer factories & museums.

I always try to inspire people co-operating with Anyuta 3D team to always try to keep ears and eyes open to learn new things. Critisism sometimes is part of the process to become better.

Regards,

Nick / Anyuta 3D

CAD%20sample%2013_zpsaznlsjx9.jpg

CAD%20sample%2014_zpshaquewis.jpg

CAD%20sample%2015_zpsxpmlqyi7.jpg

CAD%20sample%2016_zpsdopfpbzw.jpg

CAD%20sample%2017_zpsxllxiei1.jpg

CAD%20sample%2018_zps8ctqyhbh.jpg

CAD%20sample%2019_zpsr3aqza8m.jpg

CAD%20PZL-11c%2008_zps8yqni8jh.jpg

CAD%20Alien%20xenomorph%200002_zpstwk1nq

CAD%20SciFi%20mech%200003_zpswnroi7ds.jp

CAD%20container%20crane%200006_zpsc9xeiv

CAD%20SdKfz%20135%20Marder%20I%2004_zpsc

CAD%20Lockheed%20Martin%20F-16%20Fightin

CAD%20Chance%20Vought%20F-4U%20Corsair%2

• harvey likes this

#51 Nick_Karatzides

Nick_Karatzides

Hooked For Life

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 341 posts

Posted 06 February 2018 - 11:30 AM

As addition, I also send some sample pictures of the produced / 3D printed model kits.

Anyuta%203D%20sample%2001_zpsq58yz7xh.jp

Anyuta%203D%20sample%2002_zpsuzfyy7p8.jp

Anyuta%203D%20sample%2003_zpsjssfyjsg.jp

Anyuta%203D%20sample%2004_zpsw9mzebel.jp

Anyuta%203D%20sample%2005_zpsbii3vrzz.jp

Anyuta%203D%20sample%2006_zpsnoovzuwk.jp

Anyuta%203D%20sample%2010_zpssgzkxocr.jp

Anyuta%203D%20sample%2020_zpsoi7z5wme.jp

Anyuta%203D%20sample%2021_zps3hvrzp6v.jp

Anyuta%203D%20sample%2022_zpsqmyf2unp.jp

Anyuta%203D%20sample%2025_zpsyhv6v5lv.jp

Anyuta%203D%20sample%2026_zpsmtyl1xff.jp

Anyuta%203D%20sample%2029_zpsu7pdbqq4.jp

Anyuta%203D%20sample%2039_zpsene55yza.jp

Anyuta%203D%20sample%2048_zpsce4ccsnb.jp

• Martinnfb and harvey like this

#52 harvey

harvey

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,264 posts

Posted 06 February 2018 - 03:45 PM

How are you doing Nock ? Haven't heard from you......Harv

There's a fine line between cuddling and holding someone down so they can't get away
working on:  Tamiya F4U-2 Night Fighter
Trump P-38M BACK ON BENCH FINISHED!!!

#53 karimb

karimb

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,276 posts

Posted 06 February 2018 - 04:25 PM

Hey Nick!
Hope all is well. Emailed you while back in reply to our correspondence but never heard back from you. I hope all is well!
Karim
  • harvey likes this

OUT OF THE HANGAR:  WnW W.12 (RFI/WIP) WnW Camel F.1 (RFI) WnW AEG G.IV White.VII (RFI/WIPWnW Fokker E.II (RFI)  Academy F/A18-D (RFI)  WnW Albatros B.II (RFI) WnW Fokker DVII (RFI) WnW AMC DH.2 (RFI)  WnW Roland D.VIb (RFI

WIP: 

Check out my blog on Smugmug                                        

#54 Fred Jack

Fred Jack

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 680 posts

Posted 06 February 2018 - 06:41 PM

Ssculptor. Here is an idea for your Jeeps. In 1969 the Army decided to go from green to white on their missiles, including dummy training missiles. All ours were in a large hanger, so we opened the doors and without respirators went to work spraying. We got so high that we painted everything, including the vending machines and the Army jeeps wheels and all outside. We also got the commander’s car, but no one else’s.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users