Old Revell G6 and new Revell/HASE G6..

Chris/Germany

Hy guys, time to do another long planned G6 for my collection and because I have 4 of the old REVELL kit´s in the bunch I decided to do one of them. These old kit´s are not as bad as some say, of course they have a few inaccuracies, but also they have fine engraved panel lines and rivets over fuselage and wings. Main faults to fix are: prop and spinner ( will give mine the new Revell /Hasegawa one), Wheel wells ( have to be scratchbuild, lot of work but not impossible to do), a little more work if you decide to show flaps are down ( also not impossible). Major fault indeed is that the fuselage is to short backwards from rib 6 to stabilizer ( nearly 5 mm), so i tried to do a fusion: made a copy of the new HASE/Revell backward fuselage of resin and replaced this part from the original old REVELL kit....a little sanding and filling and it works. Pic shows the fusion, blue part is the new one ( had only blue to colourize the resin)

post-4-1068244656.jpg

Because this G-6 will be the bird of Hermann Graf and when it´s finished will be displayed beside the machine of Alfred Grislawski (the one in the photo-gallery) I decided to do the version with the "WGr.21" rocket, well documented at the great EAGLE-Editions decal sheet ( where also the markings of Grislawski from). Here´s a shot of the "boosters" made from brass-tubings

post-4-1068244975.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Chris,

u got me beat whrn it comes to doing them quick.One thing i would like to ask u.On those tubes for the 21cm rocket that some G-6's and 10's used.What size is the brass tubing u'ers using and how are u scaling it,to bring up to scale from the 21cm's from the real thing.Got a 110,that i want to ad two under each wing and want them to be right.Larry

Thanx guys, but don´t worry: because I´m a musican I´ m familiar with stayin´ awake ´till the early morning hours, and because the "live-playin" season for this year is over i have to do somethin´ else untill I can go to sleep...what else than modelling? But there will come the time when I´m on tour again and then modelling has to wait...ok...this is for Larry:

The WGr 21 ( Rocket Booster) tube had an original lengh of 130 cm, gives a 1/ 32 scale lenght of 4,16 cm. Diameter of the whole booster must be the caliber of the rocket ( which was originally a flak ammo) plus a few centimeters for the material strengh of the booster, let´s say 26 centimeters, gives a 1/32 scale diameter of ...ahhh...8,32 mm. I have used a brass tube with outer diameter of 7 mm ´cause it gives a more realistic look. have a few detail- shots of this weapon, can send a copy with the kit´s next week.