• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 petrov27

petrov27

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,402 posts

Posted 21 July 2017 - 06:56 PM

Sorry for the link below but I would think these would be a popular decal set in 1/32 and 1/48 as well

http://www.network54...ionary Unit....

• harvey, Marcel111 and Starfighter Jock like this

-Patrick

#2 Dave Williams

Dave Williams

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,298 posts

Posted 21 July 2017 - 07:51 PM

Personally, I'd rather have a proper A-10C conversion set before we get any more A-10C decals.
  • Luca, harvey, Tomcatfreak and 3 others like this

#3 Marcel111

Marcel111

Hooked For Life

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 442 posts

Posted 24 July 2017 - 10:17 AM

Sorry for the link below but I would think these would be a popular decal set in 1/32 and 1/48 as well

http://www.network54...ionary Unit....

Wow, now that's a serious load-out!

What would also be nice is a masking set for the shark-mouth on FT jets, don't see how those shark-mouth decals can be applied over the contours and bumps on the nose.

j3of1b.jpg

#4 Peterpools

Peterpools

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,669 posts

Posted 24 July 2017 - 11:35 AM

Paul Fisher is coming to the rescue as his next project after the Skyraider is supposed to be an A-10 conversion. I have my fingers crossed that all the discussion a while back works out
Peter
  • A-10LOADER and Starfighter Jock like this

On the bench: Trumpeter A6A Intruder VA-165 Boomers

USS Constellation 1971-72

#5 Dave Roof

Dave Roof

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 544 posts

Posted 28 July 2017 - 08:09 AM

Decals are already coming from another decal company. Apparently the sheet (48th) is already with Cartograf. Profiles and decal art should be posted within the next few days. 32nd was hinted at, but not confirmed.

#6 thewizardofaz

thewizardofaz

LSP Junkie

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 08 August 2017 - 12:56 AM

Personally, I'd rather have a proper A-10C conversion set before we get any more A-10C decals.

I agree with Dave Williams.  There is nothing that is available for an A-10C conversion, tho many wouldn't know the difference even if one brrrrtted in front of you. Decals are good but not as important.  The only A-10 decals I had trouble even finding is the set that had the DM tail and fuselage art. So, aside from A-10 LASTE pieces (Low Altitude Safety & Targeting Enhancement), there is little in the way of kit enhancements other than Gary Hatherly of GT Resin and Olimp there is little in the way of conversion or enhancement for one of the best kits out there.  What I'd really like to see is for someone to make A-10 engines in the proper scale.  The ones that come with the kits are 1/72 at best in a 1/32 kit, maybe smaller.

Edited by thewizardofaz, 08 August 2017 - 12:56 AM.

#7 Luca

Luca

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,080 posts

Posted 08 August 2017 - 12:02 PM

Personally, I'd rather have a proper nose correction set before we get any A-10C conversion  :whistle:

aside from cockpit and little fuselage antennas/bumps etc. A-10C is not so much different externally from A-10A... the main problem IMHO is the Trumpy nose.

Edited by Luca, 08 August 2017 - 12:04 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users