Silver Wings Hawker Hart

OldTroll

I guess I'd better get this one on record. It will be in either the kit 601 Sqn. scheme or possibly 600 Sqn. with the blue replaced by white. I spent the last few hours sorting parts by sub-assembly and re-bagging them the same way. I am pleased with everything but the frame pieces which suffered from being in a bag with other pieces. The result was serious distortion and a couple of breaks, neither situation disastrous but completely avoidable by sandwiching the frame sides between pieces of thin cardboard. There are a couple small items that are not yet identified but the process of elimination should sort that out. The casting quality is excellent with no more than a normal amount of "tidying up" being required. The fuselage halves mate up well on the top but will require some adjustment/filling on the bottom. I like the wire cores on the landing gear and interplane struts. This is my first resin model since my HO scale train days of 20-25 years ago when I was addicted to the incredible reesin models produced by The Westerfield Co. (which was for sale, the last I heard.) I have already noticed a difference in the type of resin being used - a softer, easy to carve type that still holds fine detail. This will be essentially an "out of the box" build since I intend to stick to the basics before branching out in more detail on the other three SW models I have. I'll have photos when the identify/remove from sprue/cleanup stage is done and the actual construction begins.

Welcome to the Hart family :)

My frame pieces were also distorted. This was "self-straightening" when I glued the cage.

Cheers

Anders

Edited by filthyfirkin

So, what happend to your Flea? <_<

Hart's a very beautiful machine so I'm somewhat consoled. :P

Waiting for pictures... Good luck!

Edited by Tomek

• 1 month later...

Alright Ron, time for you to post some in-progress pics! You've got no excuse now, and besides, if you don't have any in-progress pics, you can't win the prize :)

Cheers,

Doug

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...