Trumpeter 1/32 A-6E Intruder VA-35 AA-501

Emilio

Careful before you attach the wings, they have a snap-tight fit to the fuselage thats really good (Trumpeter had their A-team for this one) and probably won't require filler, or maybe just a very small amount the only thing is its very hard to separate them once you slide them into place so make sure you do the wheel wells and paint them first.

I`ve got a small update today:

Work on the nose wheel well has started and is close to completion, here is my interpretation of an A-6`s nose wheel well:

DSC01658_zpshybxmgzq.jpg

The stencils are from a 1/48 Revell F-15E, I just threw them in because it looked rather empty, although the OOB detail is pretty decent. But I also encountered the first big disappointment, the engine bay is just a big ugly whole, without any detail. I`m not too big into scracht building, so I wont spend too much time detailing it up and the model will stay 99.9% on its legs once done. I hope that the engines will mostly cover this section up.

In addition to that I improved the arrestor hook bay with some Eduard PE. For whatever reason the outer ones didn`t fit and I had to sand them down a little bit:

DSC01663_zpsahngjuof.jpg

And I finished the air intakes, already masked them before they were glued onto the two fuselage halfs.

DSC01665_zps9j6jlyjv.jpg

Emil

Emil,

excellent job on the Pit with more then enough detail and detail painting. the two seats look exceeding good as well. Gluing up the fuselage is always a major step accomplished in a build as far as I'm concernted.

Looking forward to your next update.

Joel

Thanks for the nice comments everybody  :)

Just look at what the postman brought today:

DSC01669_zpsqto4di34.jpg

The Decals look stunning, but I especially appreciate the effort AOA Decals made for all the references, little corrections and hints which part to use, which panel line to remove etc. So I had to try them out and applied the stencils to the seats:

DSC01674_1_zpse4ye9uzs.jpg

Emil

Edited by Emilio

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

After being of the bench for some time I made a little bit of progress on the Intruder. First of all I filled and sanded all the joints and little gaps. After that I primed the wheel wells and the engine bay.

DSC01707_zpszcur7wpm.jpg

DSC01705_zpsatoiwund.jpg

Is the engine bay really painted with interior green, as the manual suggests? I couldn`t find any usefull reference shots of this area. 

And at last but not least some pics of the cockpit, which is nearly finished, just needs a matte coat:

DSC01702_zpslw5obpmm.jpg

DSC01701_zpsxpqj47tt.jpg

Emil