Eduard P-47D Thunderbolt "Dottie Mae" WIP

Guest DannyVM

Danny,

Nice work, I hope you will continue. I would like to ask, have you looked at the upper wing parts? Does the wing spar image still show on the wing top surface? It was a problem on the 1st release of this kit and required some work to eliminate them. When you get that far it would be great if you could let us know if they are still there and if you tried to even the surface and if you fixed that area. Also I hope you know about the cowl, engine alignment problem, ease fix if your aware of the problem.Here is something about gluing the wings together from 2008 The fit is not the best but as a earlier poster said do not cement the top and bottom wings together at the flap location. I did this on my build and it proved to be helpful. It still was not the best but it did help      Really like what you've done with the cockpit.

Mike Horina

Edited by mhorina

Awesome cockpit..I have place where you can put it...I'll PM you my address!

:evil_laugh:

Danny

super work on the front office. 

Just the right touch with the wethering

Keep 'em coming

Peter

Thank's Peter. :speak_cool:

Danny,

Nice work, I hope you will continue. I would like to ask, have you looked at the upper wing parts? Does the wing spar image still show on the wing top surface? It was a problem on the 1st release of this kit and required some work to eliminate them. When you get that far it would be great if you could let us know if they are still there and if you tried to even the surface and if you fixed that area. Also I hope you know about the cowl, engine alignment problem, ease fix if your aware of the problem.Here is something about gluing the wings together from 2008 The fit is not the best but as a earlier poster said do not cement the top and bottom wings together at the flap location. I did this on my build and it proved to be helpful. It still was not the best but it did help      Really like what you've done with the cockpit.

Mike Horina

Mike thank's allot for the warn, much appreciated. I didn't know about that problem, so i will take a look at it from the moment i get to the wing construction. Regarding the engine cowl, i did know about these problem, and i will sure keep it in mind. Great tip regarding the two wing half construction, this also i will keep in mind. :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:

Again thank's Mike for letting me know. :speak_cool:

Greetz

Danny

Excellent work Danny, the cockpit is looking great, especially in the correct shade of green  :)

Mine is coming along at a similar pace to yours. The engine cowling needed lots of filling/sanding/rescribing but the results are worth it.

Keep up the brill posts  :)

Martin

Thank's Martin,

yes i know about the cowl problems, thank's for reminding me, i will surely keep this in my mind.

I have a question for you guy's??

Anybody know why the gun muzzles are closed?? 

lrzeSCwh.jpg

It's the "Dottie Mae" so i like to know iff this was common practice??

Greetz

Danny

Danny,

The finished cockpit really looks the part. The overall weathering ads just enough to darken the green color to more of a Dark Dull Green shade rather then interior green. Like so many paint issues during the war, Republic had its fair share. Research has shown that most P-47Ds had a darker shade of green then the called out Zinc Chromate primer mixed with Black paint, which is how interior green was made back then. The going educated guess is that Republic just used to much black paint from the wrong mix, and thus the darker then intended shade. If they ever got it right, no one alive knows. Your color looks dead on compared to my reference photos.

Joel