Eduard P-47D Thunderbolt "Dottie Mae" WIP

Guest DannyVM

I agree with the comment about not a lot for a substantial outlay. Eduard releases used to be packed with goodies (1/48 P-47 & P-38 for example), but a couple of etched frets and resin wheels doesn't quite make the price tag viable IMHO. Still a nice kit though - I'm enjoying mine anyway :)

I agree with the comment about not a lot for a substantial outlay. Eduard releases used to be packed with goodies (1/48 P-47 & P-38 for example), but a couple of etched frets and resin wheels doesn't quite make the price tag viable IMHO. Still a nice kit though - I'm enjoying mine anyway  :)

It's been discussed in other topic's. Either you spend the money on this kit or you don't, that's a personal matter. Still i find it a beautiful kit and i'm enjoining it from the first second i started the kit.

Greetz

Danny

Honestly, I'm not a big fan of these so called limited edition Eduard kits. When they 1st started with this concept, you did get a lot more bang for your buck in terms of resin and Pe parts, but the actual kit was a older kit that the manufacture was glad to be getting a 2nd life.  A Win/Win situation for both parties.

Eduard's limited kit concept offering of the excellent Hasegawa P-47D bubble Jug, was a release I passed on after reading exactly what I'm getting for their outrageous MSRP/Retail using Sprue Brothers prices. The stand alone Hasegawa kit has a MSRP of $90, and a regular retail price of $71.99 The Eduard Speical Edition offering has a MSRP of $195 and a regular retail price of $155.99. For Slightly more then twice the price you're getting two PE frets, a set of Brasin wheel and tires,  a Cartograf decal sheet, and a Eduard mask set. Some how this doesn't exactly sound like a great deal for the consumer.

Joel

Edited by Joel_W

I'm still scratching my head over Eduard's production of this kit. It is so outside of their previous efforts in terms of scale and subject matter. I greatly appreciate it but I am puzzled by it.

Personally, I'm thrilled that Eduard is thinking outside of the box by going with a 1/32 scale offering. But as I posted, we'd be much better off picking and choosing what AM and decals we would prefer if any, and save a ton of money to boot.

Joel

There will always be room for improvement regarding choice of subject and choice of what aftermarket is suitable. 150€ for a multi media kit isn't bad at all, taking in account that it is a superb Hasegawa quality rebox. Yes, maybe a older one, but still a very nice to build one, and that's in my eyes the most important aspect.

Now back on topic, 

i still working on the cockpit panels, partially to improve them a little bit with some scratch build items and of course with the colored pe. This weekend you can expect photo's over here of the progress.

Greetz

Danny