He 219 EagleCals - coming soon!

Judyc

We have just signed off on the He 219 instructions and decals, they are now posted on our site at:

http://www.eagle-editions.com/EagleCals-Decals-for-the-modeler/32/He-219-click-to-view-all-available-markings/EagleCals-147-32-He-219.html#.UDk59daPWz4

The He 219 Uhu decals are 1/32nd scale only. They are designed to be used with the soon to be released Revell He 219 A-7 and later ZM He 219 A-0. Three different schemes reflecting various camouflage patterns applied to the Uhu are offered:

1) He 219 A-0 G9+FK flown by night Ace Hptm. Ernst-Wilhelm Modrow

2) He 219 A-2 D5+BL, W.Nr. 290126

3) He 219 A-7 W.Nr. 390193

Thanks for Mark Proulx for shepherding the research and art direction with Decal Engineer Tom Tullis.

Judy Crandall

Eagle Editions

Hi:

Well, the reference photos of W.Nr. 310193 came from multiple sources. One, a private photo in Jerry's collection and published in the WOTBC series. Also, another picture published in Luftwaffe Im Focus. Finally, an expired e-bay auction photo. A photo of the aircraft will be included with the instruction sheet.

HTH

Mark Proulx

I have seen both 219`s Revell and ZM at the Orlando IPMS Nationals , The ZM is the way to go ! I was talking with the rep and the price will be around $160 US for the ZM.

Are there going to be any other decal sheets made with G9+TH WorkNr.290123

Willi

Edited by miamiangler

I have seen both 219`s Revell and ZM at the Orlando IPMS Nationals , The ZM is the way to go ! I was talking with the rep and the price will be around $160 US for the ZM.

Are there going to be any other decal sheets made with G9+TH WorkNr.290123

Willi

I have to agree it looks great. I also think if it builds even remotely like their SPAD, then it surly will be a winner. Im also thinking the Revell kit will be very accurate as well, and include a lesser amount of detail obviously..........................

I also think that a $160 (if true when the kit is released) price point is actually very realistic for a twin/bomber model in 1/32 with that much detail.

However, are most going to deem it worth paying upwards of $100 more for the kit?

Maybe, maybe not.

I for one, may just invest in the ZM kit, or Revell. Im not going to strictly let price point dictate for me here.

Hi Brian ,

I agree with you , Most wont spend the 100 dollars more and I normally would go with the cheaper version but after seeing both side by side I was not impressed by the Revell kit .As side note If Eduard does come out with a Big Ed PE set for the 219 it probably cost around 100 bucks !

Willi

but after seeing both side by side I was not impressed by the Revell kit

Willi,

If you don't mind me asking, what was it that did not impress you about the Revell kit?

As for me, my choice has nothing to do with money. I know I will only buy one kit, and after all the AM parts the Revell one may cost more than the ZM one does out of the box. Knowing that, my choice will still be the Revell kit since my favorite variant is the A-7.