1/32 Me262A-1a/U4 Kanonenvogel Conversion......Finally

Scott Negron

I just got an email from Robert, my copies are on the way:)! He just finished the instruction sheet and it should be on his website any day now. I'll send pics as soon as I get my copy, should be next week..........................................:)?!

Best regards,

Scott

I just got an email from Robert, my copies are on the way:)! He just finished the instruction sheet and it should be on his website any day now. I'll send pics as soon as I get my copy, should be next week.......................................... :)?!

Best regards,

Scott

I think any confirmed news on this is good news.

Do you happen to have a link to his site to look at the instructions (after they get posted)?

I think any confirmed news on this is good news.

Do you happen to have a link to his site to look at the instructions (after they get posted)?

The site's real basic; http://www.modellbau-schatton.privat.t-online.de/html/preisliste.html needless to say you won't find any instructions... you'll be lucky if there's any photographs, which is a pity as he makes really good products.

Hi Scott

Had almost forgotten about this one!

Some more good news:

LuckyModel has the Trumpeter Me262 A-1a on special sale - something like $35 - works out to about £33 including airmail shipping to UK / Europe!

As Kagemusha said, though, the Schatton site is basic in the extreme and not exactly consumer friendly.

Does the guy even take PayPal?

Edited by nmayhew

Perfect timing on the HA version being on sale! Although the U4 was truly HA!!!

I've mentioned the site to him before, as well as payment options. The last time I ordered from him, I sent him an email, then the stuff came 2-weeks later with a total. He told me to send him cash!!! He doesn't have a PP account. I'll bring it up again!

I'll post pics of the parts and instructions as soon as I get them. It's pretty straight forward save for the linkage for all the gear doors. I'll also post the pics I have of the real thing. I'm also working on decals for it (V 083 and 170083). Nose art for the Watson's Wizzers would be cool to but well beyond my abilities! I'm planning on doing natural metal nose one.

Thanks guys:)!

Perfect timing on the HA version being on sale! Although the U4 was truly HA!!!

I've mentioned the site to him before, as well as payment options. The last time I ordered from him, I sent him an email, then the stuff came 2-weeks later with a total. He told me to send him cash!!! He doesn't have a PP account. I'll bring it up again!

Scott (and all)

My mistake - it is the 'regular' 262 A-1a, kit #2235

http://www.luckymodel.com/scale.aspx?item_no=TP02235

but the kit should still be fine for this conversion

(have corrected my original post)

as to the website, i hope your gentle persuasion works!

sending cash through the post will be a no no for most people, which is a shame, as the few things i have ordered from him have been tip top

fyi, there is a chap on SP&R who is scratching the thing for himself http://sparforums.com/ipb/index.php?/topic/1343-me-262-a1u4-pulkzerstoerer/&do=findComment&comment=16026

cheers

Nick

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Vulcan32

Hello,

got an eMail from Robert Schatton yesterday that the conversion is available now. He is selling it for 29,- Euros+shipping.

Greetings, Heinz

That's the one, not sure what method of payment he takes, don't think he does paymal, but he maybe at Telford....

Bummer.............I want one of these bad, but I am not sending cash to Germany. I think I might shoot him an E-mail and see if he does PP (likely not from the above posts) and if not, maybe he will except a US bank backed money order.

I did a money transfer via western union (at his request) a few years back and got an acknowledgement from him, and he sent the metal barrel's I'd ordered quite fast. 2-3 months later, i got an email from him demanding that I send the payment as his local western unoin outlet in Germany had no record of this payment. Disappointing that this ended up being the outcome as I had proof it was sent but it's soured me from doing business with him again unless he starts working on paypal where both parties have full record of payments instantly.

When I ordered from him a few years ago I asked about PayPal, ended sending cash in the post, if he took PayPal he'd get a lot more orders, and from the WU experience above safer and more convenient too.

I emailed Mr Schatton, here's his reply;

I have many, many of this model conversion-kit s on stock

The price is complete 29,-- Euro.

It s a Resin nose with bulge for the gun barrel, another wheel bay, a wheel and many small parts.

A in brass hollow drilled high-tech 5 cm gun barrel.

I send with the German Bundespost-air-mail to England for plus 4,-- Euro.

And to USA with plus 6,-- Euro.

In the Europeen Union we have a NEW-Europeen standard Bank transfer system.

Its designed for the 28 Europeen Union Staates.

With IBAN, and BIC-SWIFT Code.

I can make a Europeen standard Bank transfer in all 28 Staates for -,31 Euro Cent.

For USA its better to pay with Western Union,

or with a Bank Cheque from your home-Bank , with a Bank branch in Germany,

or in Cash.

In Euro, or US Dollar.´

My arrived every day payents in cash.

I have not a problem with the German Bundespost.

I have not a Pay-pal acount.

In Europe we must this not have.

The price for one payment is to high for me.

I can not say, I go to Telford.

I think on the beginning of October I can say this,

Edited by Kagemusha

Why are people still working in the past and refuse to get a Paypal account when they are trying to -their sell products? Or even buying...

I wanted to order from barrels from him the other month from my Type VIIc uboat, but same story as above. I looked into it and it was going to cost me an extra $50-70 if did western union or made a international transfer to his account for my order.. Sorry just lost a sale... If he doesn't do this he is just going to keep losing sales.

Scott, since your in contact with Robert, could you see why he has an issue with Paypal? I would be keen for a set myself... but until he takes an easier method payment, he's just losing more sales. If its the fees for Paypal is the issue, I think most modellers would be happy to wear them.

Edited by moeggo