Junkers 88 A1 detail photos

here is the X on our Ju 88 and the loaction just above the wing ( in front of U4 ) same loaction on other side of the fuselage

just a little detour from the cockpit and a look at the fuselage.. :lol: thought this could be interesting for you guys that have a BoB or another german bomber model and want to do something special with it..

the X gerat does not need any "upgrade" or new box in the cockpit as teh system was hidden inside teh EBI and EBI 2 radioboxses that goes with the FuG 10 system

post-5311-1225462991.jpg

post-5311-1225463006.jpg

I need some input also on what you modelbuilders want to see and what areas you want details from.

Details of exposed wiring harnesses and perhaps the master compass on the main instrument panel? And maybe shots of the front side of the instrument panel to illustrate the backs of the instruments and associated wiring and cabling. Some of that I believe is visible from the nose glazing?

Thanks for those tail wheel well shots, Guttorm! Awesome!

It should be noted that the greenish color that's visible isn't 02 Grau. It's a special anticorrosive coating / treatment similar to anodising. The color is rather similar to what's found on the insides of tuna cans and the like. And it appears that the outer skin of the fuselage doesn't have that coating, just the stringers & bulkheads and such. I believe it is such because all the bulkheads and other structural formers are heat treated after forming, and require some extra anticorrosion treatment. I'd imagine the color could be made with a mixture of clear blue, green, and perhaps smoke, over a base of Alclad Duralumin, followed by a clear satin or flat.

And for Pfuf: I followed your link on your '110 build. Excellent! It's given me inspiration for my own effort on that kit. Superb work!

you are quite correct about the caoting..its anodised and the pictures lieas alittlebit regarding colour..its really a goldcolour when looking at it

and you are also correct about the stringers and outer skin !!

i tired the link on the 110 but i couldent get it to work :D

GF