Hasegawa 1/32 Bf 109 G-10

Aussiereg

Hi all, newbie here with some pics of my most recent completed kit. It's the Hasegawa 1/32 Bf 109 G-10, but I used the markings from a Revell K-4 because I liked the scheme. Paints are Tamiya and Gunze acrylics with Tamiya flat black enamel heavily thinned for the panel line details.

Bf109G-10PortSide.jpg

Bf109G-10PortQuarter.jpg

Bf109G-10Underside.jpg

I would really appreciate some comments, advice, critique as I have a lot to learn and I have seen some stunning work here !!

I have lots of WIP pics if anybody is interested, and a stack of pics of the finished article on my club site http://www.essmc.org.au/damian_rigbys_bf109.html

Cheers, Damian

Fantastic work Damian! I saw this build over on HyperScale, posted by Lucky Phil I believe. You don't need any critiques from us mate, but I think I might be asking you for painting lessons!

:popcorn:

Kev

Hi again guys, and thanks very much for the warm welcome and comments. This was my first ever 1/32 build, and my first Bf 109, first time using resin after-market parts, and first attempt at antenna wire !! There were a few tense moments and some choice language as I worked out these new techniques, but I took my time and I am very happy with the end result.

Nick, the antenna wire is braid fishing line, Berkeley Fireline to be precise. I thought it would be good to try out as it has a metallic sheen, a twisted braid make-up, and is zero stretch. The blobs, my feeble attempts at insulators, are drops of superglue applied with a toothpick and painted Tamiya Gunmetal.

Chees, Damian

Thanks again for the positive comments guys. I had a go at resizing in photobucket, not sure if it was successful but here's a few more shots for you . . . .

Bf109G-10RearView.jpg

Bf109G-10PortTail-1.jpg

Bf109G-10PortNose.jpg

Bf109G-10StarboardExhaust.jpg

More to come, stay tuned :)

Edit: Resizing = Fail, will try again

Looks really great...........colors and subtle weathering really do make the model! :)

I had a go at resizing in photobucket, not sure if it was successful but here's a few more shots for you . . . .

I actually purchased a "pro" photobucket account. So far I find it REALLY easy to use and extremely handy for posting............except I found for the resizing in PB itself. I tried many, MANY times to just upload pics and then use their re-sizing tool. The tool itself seems very easy to use and very handy, with 1 exception....

Even when PB appears to have correctly re-sized the pics and they show up "as they should" when looking at them through PB, when looking at them through a web site linked to the pics, they still appeared the same size as when I originally uploaded them.

Sometimes remaining that way permanently, sometimes actually re-sizing themselves (or the changes finally took hold, but only sometimes) days later.

I stopped fiddling with the PB re-sizing tool and just use everything else they offer as all works well for me it seems but that tool.

I just started using PhotoShop to intake all the pics I want to upload, and re-sizing in PhotoShop then uploading to PhotoBucket.

Brian