Revell 1/32 Hawker Hunter

cipher74

• 1 month later...

Hey all. I was finally able to some work on the Hunter. Just a few shots. I've primed the gear bays for the metallizer, still doing scribing work, will be priming and cleaning up the gear soon and a host of other things. Sorry about the quality of the pix. Not entirely sure why the ambient light shifted from normal to that orange tint. I didn't make any adjustments or anything. Oh well, you guys get the idea anyway.

Used Tamiya NATO black for the pit. Dry brushed silver and used a white colored pencil for all the gauges and control panel details. Picked out stuff with red and yellow here and there. Filled in the gauges with Future for the shiny glass look. Electrical wire for the ejection handles and a guitar string for the green oxygen hose sittin' on the seat. Mixed the blue and the khaki colors for the harnesses. Close as I could get. Used some spare decal pcs. on the sides of the headrest. Looks pretty close...no?

010-1-1.jpg

0032.jpg

0042.jpg

0052.jpg

0062.jpg

0012.jpg

0022.jpg

0082.jpg

Don't know if you see it or not but my intake assembly is all warped. After I assembled it and did a dry fit in the fuselage it was bunk. Huge gaps between the splitter plates and the bottom of the intakes. Oh well, guess I'll have to make intake plugs for 'em. Looked like hell when fitted.

0092.jpg

Thanks for lookin'.

D

• 3 weeks later...

Hey all

Got some work done on my Hunter. Not much but, progress is progress. So without further ado...

The pit in place. Also, all the weight that's gonna be crammed in the nose. I used something like 25-30 grams to keep the nose grounded.

0102.jpg

Before I zipped up the nose halves, I made a shelf for the large lead slug and all the lead pellets out of thick card stock. I attached the shelf with a ton of CA glue. Then, I mixed up a batch of 5 minute epoxy and started shoveling the epoxy in with the slug and the lead pellets and, voila!

0132.jpg

I didn't like the mounting tabs on the kit so I got rid of 'em and added my own. Not only are they stronger, they help to align the fuselage halves.

018.jpg

017.jpg

019-1.jpg

The attachment points. Minimal sanding and shaping needed to clean up the joins.

0122.jpg

0142.jpg

022.jpg

All zipped up!

0083.jpg

Thanks for lookin'.

Dug \m/

She's lookin good :speak_cool: , can't wait to see her finished. Do you have a colour scheme in mind, if not, I may have some spare decals. I've got the Fisher T.7 conversion for my next Hunter and it is lush!

Looking good Doug. I've merged your 3 threads on this build into one. Best thing for you to do is bookmark your thread, so that when you have an update, you can go straight back to it and tack it on the end, rather than creating a new one.

Kev