Hungarian Bf 109G-6: Finished w/new pics!

Thanks for the kind words, everyone.

Your 109 looks very good, I love that scheme !

How have you made the little balls on the antenna cable? tiny drops of glue?

Yes. I built up CA glue, just a little bit at a time, then painted it white. Not entirely accurate, but good enough for the moment.

Thanks again for all the comments.

It's still raining and windy here, so no outdoor pics, yet. However, I got to playing with it a little bit last night and took one photo with the canopy closed. Decided I like the cockpit enough that I would rather keep it open. So, I tacked it in place and added a tether line, as well. I used guitar string and E-Z Line. I'll try to get a decent shot of that when I get it outside, as well.

Thanks again!

John

10_zps776b3d0b.jpg

THank you for the tip about the balls on the antenna wire.

Nice model and nice rifles collection ! You seem to love mosin-nagant ! Are they finnish mosin M39 on the right? I love them, they are damn accurate and the finish is great compared to the russian versions. You also have a 91/30 with a PE scope i guess? And i can see a bit of garand barrel.

It seems that modellers also share gun passion !

Edited by Zero77

THank you for the tip about the balls on the antenna wire.

Nice model and nice rifles collection ! You seem to love mosin-nagant ! Are they finnish mosin M39 on the right? I love them, they are damn accurate and the finish is great compared to the russian versions. You also have a 91/30 with a PE scope i guess? And i can see a bit of garand barrel.

It seems that modellers also share gun passion !

Yeah, my man cave houses all my models and my vintage rifle collection. You are correct. The two on the right are M39s. A '43 Sako and a '41 VKT (Valmet). The snipers are, from the bottom, a '34 Tula PE, '36 Tula PE (Finn capture), '38 Tula PEM (also a Finn capture), '39 Tula PEM and the one that's cut off is a '44 Izhevsk PU. I also have '43 and '44 Tula PUs and a few ex-snipers that I may restore, as well. I've owned around 50 different Mosins, but only have 17 of them at the moment, most of them being snipers. And, yes, that's an M1 Garand. Only have one, but also have quite a few Mausers and Enfields (really have a love for Enfields!). I shoot in CMP Military/Vintage Sniper matches. Lots of fun!

Thanks,

John

Edit: By the way, I see you are in France. I also have a MAS Mle 1936/51. Wonderful rifle, as well!

Edited by mywifehatesmodels

There was finally a break in the rain, today. However, the wind was still gusting to 30mph. So, to get outdoor pics, I had to do it somewhat in the shadow of my shed, to keep the model from making it's maiden flight! Not optimum conditions, but it will have to do. Mods, please feel free to put what you want in the GB Gallery.

Thanks again to everyone for pushing me along.

John

A_zps45f56808.jpg

D_zps1e2dc705.jpg

F_zps9910c650.jpg

H_zpsb5b5a03f.jpg

K_zpsf011c06d.jpg

M_zps1c4e2e4c.jpg

O_zpsa00b9e63.jpg

W_zps15c3b026.jpg