US Navy ground / carrier equipment - scratchbuilt

Starfighter

An Austrian friend of mine is building a 48th scale CVN-65 - with working elevators, blast shields etc. It's around 7m long... probably one of the world's most impressive models once it's finished in 20 years or so. If I'd build a 32nd scale carrier, I'd not only need a new house, I'd need a new girlfriend too! :D

I'm thinking about some smaller sections though. I think I'll stick with CV-63 - for some strange reason, I have a very soft spot for the Kitty Hawk.

Edited by Starfighter

Ben

Your EA-6B was one of the 1st builds I read through when I joined LSP. Your scratch building skills just left me speachless. Honestly, I've never seen work on your level before. And now scratch building via 3D CAD deck vehicles.

Looking forward to your next update on the Grayhound as well as your next vehicle.

Joel

Got the first P-16 parts yesterday and coudn't resist to assemble the main components. I'll take care of the smaller parts later today. 

I am pretty happy with the outcome so far - assembly works fine already. I will rework some details and have new parts printed later on. 

IMG_2096.jpg

IMG_2097.jpg

IMG_2101.jpg

These are the early (10 wheel nut) wheels.

IMG_2102.jpg

These are the later (5 wheel nut) wheels.

Details came out rather nicely.

IMG_2092.jpg

What do you think? Do you like it so far?

I do like this so far.  Can yo show us a parts breakdown?

Thank you.

Sincerely,

Mark

I will take a photo of the individual parts later today. The CAD screenshots already give you an idea - each individual part has a different colour.

Guest Peterpools

Ben

Amazing work and truly jealous of a skill I  have no clue on how to do.

Keep 'em coming

Peter