RFI - WnW Sopwith Snipe - 17Sqn - Hawkinge 1924

Out2gtcha

Thanks guys!

Very much appreciate the fine comments and stopping in on me.  It was a fabulous little kit with 0 real niggles that I could expand on, other than wait to attach the rear of the Aldis site until after you put on the top wing, since you will have to feed in through the windscreen.

K1,

Sure NP on putting it on the web site. Feel free to publish anything of mine I put up here on LSP.com.

Tony,

Sounds like a heck of a project!   I enjoy scratching, but sometimes projects like that bog me down................Id say if you really like the Snipe that much, pick up a WnW kit.................it was a FABULOUS build!

Thanks again all!

• 3 years later...

Thanks lads!  For whatever reason, not many people seem to like this one or give it much thought. Maybe I take it for granted seeing it every day in the display case. The foil turned out ok, but the seems are pretty noticeable.

I loved the kit though. Was a fun build! 

Wow, didn't see this one. Glad the thread got resurrected! That is a wonderful build. I especially like the convincing weathering, not too heavy, just enough to show an inter-war aircraft in service. Beyond the weathering...it's just stunning, all the tiny details are perfect, and the finish is superb. Very real and in scale, not toy-like at all. I'd be proud to have this on my shelf!

Richard

Dean, Bob, Richard, thanks for the extremely kind words. It was one of the more fun builds for me, for whatever reason, a lot more fun than the Fokker DV.II.  No clue why, since it technically was probably less work (with the exception of the Aviattic decals).    

I think its rigging. The more the better. I guess Im masochistic. I think that is probably why my DH.2 is one of my all time most fun builds.