• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#16 brahman104

brahman104

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,180 posts

Posted 27 March 2017 - 11:12 PM

Fantastic work, Quang! And your technique for producing the quilted padding is killer!

Thanks for sharing.

Kev

Totally agree!

I have always struggles with trying to roll putty thin to produce canvasses and the like. Tell me, how to do pull the flattened putty up from the surface once you've rolled it without it tearing or distorting the quilted pattern on it?

Excellent work,

Craig 

#17 quang

quang

Hooked For Life

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 333 posts

Posted 28 March 2017 - 08:09 AM

I have always struggles with trying to roll putty thin to produce canvasses and the like. Tell me, how to do pull the flattened putty up from the surface once you've rolled it without it tearing or distorting the quilted pattern on it?

Hi Craig,

The Milliput / Duro mix is stronger and less prone to tearing than each putty alone. It's best to let the putty mix settle 10-15 mn before handling to avoid distorting the texture. I also use a ceramic tile as a working surface with lots of talcum powder.

HTH

Cheers,
Quang

In process: Fly 1/32 Hurricane MK IIC

In sleeping: Kitty Hawk P-39 Airacobra

:mellow: Elbow grease and toxic fumes  :blink:

#18 MARU5137

MARU5137

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,698 posts

Posted 14 August 2017 - 08:36 AM

Quang.... I was away on India in March so missed this and now I cannot see any photos as Photosucket killed the modeling fraternity. :fight:

Any chance you have gotten them moved and you can post the WIP pics again :please:

Res Non Verba .

La calma è la virtù dei forti !

Potius Mori quam foedari.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Roden, cessna, bird dog, 1/32, scratch, detailing, o-1, lining, diamond, cockpit

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users