'Grace' type two-seat Spitfire in 1:32

Iain

Correct Tonyboy,

Nick Grace restored and designed the non-standard two-seater canopy configuration on ML407, which has later been copied by other restorations. It was based on the Russian field modification IIRC.

Cheers

Cees

Thanks for the confirmation Cees, it seems that sanity still reigns in the TC head department, even if that is only just so...:lol:

Edited by Tony C

• 2 weeks later...

Further (slow) progress on the engine bay...

Holes drilled for spark plugs/ignition harness:

iVbo1O.jpg

U5jE3M.jpg

More components added to supercharger section - including magneto bodies:

y4dfhT.jpg

2AWJx4.jpg

7KSHyI.jpg

Qi1ysS.jpg

And a start on the firewall/engine mount assembly:

oWgdrQ.jpg

Back shortly!

Iain

Final image for today - have been planning the cuts for the fuselage to move the front 'pit forward a scale 13.5 inches and create the opening for the rear cockpit.

The rear edge of the vertical tape at the front marks where I'll make the vertical cut - to remove the 13.5 scale inches of material.

The upper edge of the horizontal tape the cut line to allow everything to move forward.

Just awaiting some additional info/confirmation of exact position of rear of rear cockpit cut-out. The old addage of measure several times, then some more, before cutting once.

4oovid.jpg

Blue skies everyone, have fun!

Iain

You do realise that wartime they didn't have the RR rockers on them, they were cancelled early on and only came back post war, though it probably has them on it these days, the writing was often picked out in red btw.

SScuptor, yes trainers

Edited by TonyT

"Scalpel, forceps, whisky, valium..."  :)

It's only plastic - what could possibly go wrong?  :innocent:

There won't be any fuselage work for a couple of weeks - just arranging a clamber over another two-seater airframe at present so I can get exact measurements/photos for this project. That visit will hopefully be in the next few weeks...

In the mean-time I've had some answers back that will enable me to progress with a few other areas after the engine bay.

Iain