I Hearby Swear NOT to Buy that Kit!

Bill Cross

After the party.

Now that I spent all this money on one well deserved buy, I have no desire to buy any more models of any type.

I feel empty, emotionally. :notworking:  I feel  like a deflated balloon.

So now I can get back to making some of these model kits I have in the stash.

Yeah. :yahoo:

I know your feelings.

Some time ago, i was in doubt regarding the 1/32 Mosquito......buy the Tamiya one or the HK one..............three weeks ago i bought the Tamiya Mosquito, and a week ago i bought the HK one...........now that's the way to go :evil_laugh:

Problem solved.....and me...i'm happy :frantic:

Greetz

Danny

just concerned I won't live to finish everything

Heyo Bill:

I gave up on this method of deciding what to buy years ago.

My goal now (with 200-ish kits in the stash) is to buy the most important of what I like (because there has to be SOME limit)

with the idea that whatever I've got a desire to work on, I know I've got one "right here".

I harbor no illusion that I'll ever finish them all, just the ones that called to me the loudest.

As far as passing them on, I took the time to write a suggested price and quick eBay description to shove in the boxes,

(in about the time it would take me to build one decent model)

and as much for my enjoyment as posterity, I took pictures of each model.

Oh, and yes, I did buy the B-17E/F.

autommInterceptor01_zps991df918.jpg

ItlG55_zps3af0d94c.jpg

Edited by pennausamike

Heyo Bill:

I gave up on this method of deciding what to buy years ago.

My goal now (with 200-ish kits in the stash) is to buy the most important of what I like (because there has to be SOME limit)

with the idea that whatever I've got a desire to work on, I know I've got one "right here".

I harbor no illusion that I'll ever finish them all, just the ones that called to me the loudest.

I too seem to be entering a phase where I've determined that about 90% of what's on my current "wants list", is more or less irrelevant. Instead of wanting everything, I'm focusing more, for the most part, on those kits that represent items that I'm really passionate about, perhaps two dozen or so, at this point anyway.

OK, I did NOT buy the B-17. At least not yet.

I DID buy some Live Resin turrets for a USMC Humvee and an M-RAP Cougar. I will have to buy the base kits next.

I need to sell my Chris Sullivan Union great coat and/or my LGB Colorado & Southern steam loco (anyone into G-scale trains here?).

My late father collected them and my mother sold off most of his stash when he died suddenly for pennies on the dollar. I don't want that to happen to my stash.

Writing down the estimated value in the lid of each kit is very sensible.

I'd have to sell off some kits to GET to them, though. :mental: :innocent: :m0152:

I know your feelings.

Some time ago, i was in doubt regarding the 1/32 Mosquito......buy the Tamiya one or the HK one..............three weeks ago i bought the Tamiya Mosquito, and a week ago i bought the HK one...........now that's the way to go :evil_laugh:

Problem solved.....and me...i'm happy :frantic:

Greetz

Danny

:clap2: Atta boy!!!

OK, I did NOT buy the B-17. At least not yet.

I DID buy some Live Resin turrets for a USMC Humvee and an M-RAP Cougar. I will have to buy the base kits next.

I need to sell my Chris Sullivan Union great coat and/or my LGB Colorado & Southern steam loco (anyone into G-scale trains here?).

My late father collected them and my mother sold off most of his stash when he died suddenly for pennies on the dollar. I don't want that to happen to my stash.

Writing down the estimated value in the lid of each kit is very sensible.

I'd have to sell off some kits to GET to them, though. :mental: :innocent: :m0152:

Are you expecting bad news, or are you just an excellent planner?

If I did that, the wife would add them all up and then remove my testicles with a spoon.

Are you expecting bad news, or are you just an excellent planner?

If I did that, the wife would add them all up and then remove my testicles with a spoon.

I'm a jolly, horny 67, but know that bad news could come at any time. I can't live forever, yet have 100+ kits.

And I go BIG when I build:

• Big scales (the only things less than 1/32-1/35 are my enormous 1/72 subs (I have three kits, two of them started)
  • Big complications (PE, AM resin, fabric seatbelts, **** I am crazy to add on, 'cause often you can't even see it without a dental mirror or a razor saw)
  • Big dioramas (here are a few of the ones I did in the last year)

18.jpg

img_6916__800x600_.jpg

img_6629__800x575_.jpg

untitled-1.jpg

And I have been traveling a lot. You can't pack up your workbench and put it in your carry-on for Mexico or Spain. So I'm trying to be sensible and not buy every damn model that calls my name.

Edited by Bill Cross

Mike, can I ask where you got the conversion set for the Interceptor? I'd love to have one add I have a couple of the kits in my stash and want to build the Mad Max version.

Carl

Sorry, I have no idea where that came from.

I'm guessing eBay?  But it would have been years ago.

I did a quick google search; a deeper look may turn up who made the conversion.

(I found a builder who used the same conversion but no info who made the resin pieces.)

Good Luck!

Mike