WNWs Camel........finally!

Wolf Buddee

Nice work Wolf,

Why the blue machine guns? Does this imply a certain paint scheme or are you trying a new metal finishing process that we will learn about later?

Looking forward to next time.

You know Wolf...all we had to see were the pics in progress and we would know it was your handiwork.

Glad to see you're able..and it is looking splendid.   There really isn't a lot to the Camel kit so should be a short build right?. :popcorn:  :popcorn:  

On Friday I got my order from Taurus Models which included the spark plugs I needed to complete the Br.1 engine for the Camel. The spark plugs are incredibly tiny and also incredibly detailed. Once each spark plug had been installed I added a very fine length of copper wire, taken from an old computer joy stick wiring loom, for the ignition leads. The fun part was painting the actual rocker arms as they have no raised lines to define their actual shape. To be honest, none of this detail will be seen once the engine is enclosed within it's cowl, but it's an engine and I could't leave it untouched. If you're displaying you camel under maintenance, with the cowling off, the spark plugs from Taurus Models are a must!

The engine has a beautiful data placard supplied on the decal sheet but unfortunately it's too big to fit where the instructions show it to be placed. I moved it to where it did fit but the more I looked at it the more it looked out of place. I wound up removing it and replaced it with a similar decal that wasn't applicable to my model.

Cheers,

Wolf

Br.-1-1_zpswgbmwj3f.jpg

Br.1-2_zpsbiqnnass.jpg

Wolf,

I'm speechless (which doesn't happen often). Your engine detailing & painting is just amazing. And those sparkplugs and wiring are beyond words. You're a master modeler of the highest order. :clap2:

Joel

Don, Bill, Zach, Jay, 

Thanks for lookin' in. Don, the cooling jackets are painted blue as per the particular option I'm building. I told Martin it was my version of gun bluing though, LOL!

Cheers,

Wolf

YEAH WOLF! WHY DID YOU LIE TO ME ? :)

Guest Peterpools

Wolf

Brilliant, simply brilliant detail work on the Br.1 engine. Details and paint work are amazing.

Keep 'em coming

Peter